BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have NEVER seen the color in person and am afraid to order it. Tired of having silver cars, don't want black or grey. Is there any color in the BMW range that is close to Interlagos? LeMans Blue? Help! ouich

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Onyx is nice if you can get it.
I first ordered the silverstone but balked when i saw some pictures of it . I chose the interlagos blue. theo nly thing it reminds me of is the monaco blue?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Hard to describe Interlagos unless you see it in person. The words I would use are loud and bright. Not really suited to such a large car (looks better on the M3) but then this is a very subjective matter.

Do a search and have a look in the gallery for some photos.

·
Registered
646 Posts
You can see the Interlagos blue on current M3s. At first it does seem a little bold and "young" for a large saloon car, but WTH, it is a sports car after all. Live a little. One more silver, black or white car just blends into the sea of other vehicles! There is an entire universe of colors out there let's take advantage of it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
It is a striking color. Not subtle at all, very bright, and very,very high maintenance. I saw an Interlagos and a Silverstone together in Detroit. The Interlagos was extremely vivid, and showed every single fingerprint. The Silverstone was more subtle, and much much lower maintenance.

In my opinion, the Interlagos looks better just after cleaning. A day later, give me the Silverstone...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thursday next week is my delivery date. Will post a full report with pictures Thursday night :byebye:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Thursday next week is my delivery date. Will post a full report with pictures Thursday night :byebye:
i hope there are no more delay for you. figers crossed. :blink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes very Jealous Ashok..................... have a beer cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Wolverine said:
It is a striking color. Not subtle at all, very bright, and very,very high maintenance. I saw an Interlagos and a Silverstone together in Detroit. The Interlagos was extremely vivid, and showed every single fingerprint. The Silverstone was more subtle, and much much lower maintenance.

In my opinion, the Interlagos looks better just after cleaning. A day later, give me the Silverstone...
After a couple of days with the M3 in Interlagos, I can saw that you are 100% correct.

Few blues look as good (I think) as Interlagos.. when it is clean. And the way that it looks at night under lights is amazing. However, it does show dirt, and it does show every fingerprint, and I am 110% sure that any silver will look cleaner longer. But, personally, I find silver very boring.

I would love to see an ILB M5.. it might be a little bit too much, unless you really want to catch people's eye.

I'll also say that no picture of ILB does it justice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts