BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, thought id share ....

had been abroad for longer than i thought (6 months) and the beast was in a bit of a sorry state.

sent her in to CA Automotive for:

AA CAI
Eisenmann race
SS x-pipe
Rogue power pulleys
Re-map
PSS9's
Powerflex bushes
Swaybar brackets
Rogue SSK + Tranny mounts
IATS relocation
Eagle F1's
full service
+ OEM rears for the front (coming next week)

car runs, handles, and sounds like a dream.

i was only able to run it through london friday night traffic, then a medium paced run down the m-way, then a quick blast across country (3 up with a full boot/trunk) but i can tell straight away how much better the car is working as a package. ill take it out on my own tomorrow for a proper drive and post a little write up + pics :applause:

for those with the Eisenmann race, im finding it a little 'boomy' when cruising. is this normal or will that fade with a bit of time? Alex (zarnd) maybe you can chime in here pls. at WOT and when around town it sounds spot on.

ive had a couple of fast cars in the past but never gone down the modding route .. glad to confirm ive well and truly got the bug!

many thanks to Roy and his team at CA for all the hardwork and patience.

now all i need is stoptechs, headers, cams, cf hood ......

good weekend all

cheers,
Pasha

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Nice list!

I'm not sure about your particular mufflers, but I've read that they need to be "broken in."

How do you like the Rogue SSK? Notice any increase/decrease in notchiness?

and POST PICS with perhaps some clips!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diny: loving the Rogue SSK, its a little notchy but very direct and as far a im concerned right on the money. if anything i might shorten the actual gear stick a touch but ill get back to you in a week or so.

IRISH: thank you! im healing very well. one more operation next week for broken left hand and its (hopefully) all done.

Julian: my mate just got a new all singing all dancing sony video camera (and an exhaust for his CBR 600 lol) so im hoping to get him down tomorrow so we can go out for some decent runs/pics/vids

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
hi guys, thought id share ....

had been abroad for longer than i thought (6 months) and the beast was in a bit of a sorry state.

sent her in to CA Automotive for:

AA CAI
Eisenmann race
SS x-pipe
Rogue power pulleys
Re-map
PSS9's
Powerflex bushes
Swaybar brackets
Rogue SSK + Tranny mounts
IATS relocation
Eagle F1's
full service
+ OEM rears for the front (coming next week)

car runs, handles, and sounds like a dream.

i was only able to run it through london friday night traffic, then a medium paced run down the m-way, then a quick blast across country (3 up with a full boot/trunk) but i can tell straight away how much better the car is working as a package. ill take it out on my own tomorrow for a proper drive and post a little write up + pics :applause:

for those with the Eisenmann race, im finding it a little 'boomy' when cruising. is this normal or will that fade with a bit of time? Alex (zarnd) maybe you can chime in here pls. at WOT and when around town it sounds spot on.

ive had a couple of fast cars in the past but never gone down the modding route .. glad to confirm ive well and truly got the bug!

many thanks to Roy and his team at CA for all the hardwork and patience.

now all i need is stoptechs, headers, cams, cf hood ......

good weekend all

cheers,
Pasha
Some top mods there :7:

My Eisenmann Race exhaust also has the Supersprint X-Pipe. Is a little boomy for instance round town when you are doing 30mph and drop into fifth or sixth. On the motorway you can hardly hear it when cruising at 70mph plus. When i first had it fitted it was really quite boomy and sharp sounding, but that has now disappeared - probably a couple of hundred miles later - i rarely drive mine as it is strictly for weekend use due to the amount of miles i do in a week!

It will quieten down, and infact i now want mine even louder as i am used to it, so i am seriously considering the supersprint headers in a few months time (if anyone has a sound clip of eisenmann race with supersprint headers and x-pipe that would be great!), but am worried about droning/boom.

all in all, the eisenmann is an expensive exhaust - but it is top quality, and it will shine through. Mine is worn in properly now, it pops on the overrun which i love and sounds like a proper V8 muscle car at low revs and idle and screams like a ***** when giving it the beans!

best mod to date for my beast without a doubt. I also got the StopTech ST40 kit for the front from CA and it is absolutely superb and definately worth getting. Once i have saved a few more pennies i shall be going to get the AA CAI and posibly the power pulleys, but still considering those at the moment!

cheers

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ph and i forgot to tell you to post some pics!

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts