BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't mind just paying the fine, but don't want to have 2 STEP points on my record for 6 years. I know all the states have been talking about coordinating and sharing their databases for a while. Anybody know if it's in effect?

And if I appeal, what do you think my chances are? Hopkinton NH was where I got the ticket.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Magna said:
I wouldn't mind just paying the fine, but don't want to have 2 STEP points on my record for 6 years. I know all the states have been talking about coordinating and sharing their databases for a while. Anybody know if it's in effect?

And if I appeal, what do you think my chances are? Hopkinton NH was where I got the ticket.
Magna; unfortunately, one can "live free or die" in N.H. but Mass & they reciprocate when it comes to sharing the coerced contributions of those who drive those oh so potholed byways... Interestingly however, VT does not with respect to insurance - as it's a civilized society, they just get the quick cash out of you & dispense with insurance party overhead...

At best, if you appeal, it's likely you'll only receive a slight reduction in the ticket price....

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I recently spoke to a CT state trooper friend, and he said that not all 50, but there are a number of states that are sharing information regarding M.V infractions among other criminal warrants. Best advice is to plea not guilty and try fighting in court, at the least they will cut your fine in half. I hope it goes your way. Good Luck:)

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
NH and MA do share information, sorry Jackie. Was it a bad infraction?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TCM said:
NH and MA do share information, sorry Jackie. Was it a bad infraction?
not bad actually, $85 which i would freely pay in an instant if it wasn't for the affect on my record. i believe it's 2 points which in effect would cost me about $150 * 6 years = $900!!! assuming a point averages out to $75 a year.

what do you think my chances are in appealing on my own? if i get a NH lawyer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts