BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened today. I got pulled over by the cops for the first time in over twenty years. It was at a 4-way stop, it was me, the cop, and another car. Everyone arrived at the same time. Apparently the cop's presence made everyone shy, as nobody moved. So finally I did, and nailed it to make a point. I suppose I was somewhat challenging the cop to do something...

He did. On goes the roof-mounted bubblegum machine. He said what should have been done is to carefully proceed through the intersection. I said I was careful, and told him I was avoiding a dangerous situation by clearing the intersection quickly. He replied with "I could hear you gunning it". (Thanks tubi!). So I tell him that if I intended to really gun it, the tires would have went up in smoke. I saw a slight grin on his face after that one.

Before he went back to his car, I remembered to inform him that I had a concealed weapon and a permit to carry. He said good thing I told him that, or after he "scanned" my driver's license, his computer would have alerted him and he would return to my car with his gun drawn. Glad I didn't experience THAT :eek:

No ticket today, and his closing words were "be careful". I think he just wanted to check out the beast up close.

Now, I really need a drink cherrsagai

:byebye:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got pulled over one time because after I passed a cop that was pulled over on the side of the road, I was looking in my mirror to see if he was coming. (not speeding, but a conditioned response;) ) The problem was that when I looked back at the road, I was 30 feet from a stoplight and it was yellow. Since I didn't know if it had just turned or had turned a while back when I was looking in my mirror, I decided it would look better to keep going than slam on my brakes to a screetching hault. Obviously, the cop didn't think it was a good idea when the light turned red just as I got to the intersection. :nono: Oh yeah, a word of advice. When a police officer asks why you went through a red light, don't say it is because you weren't paying attention to the road because you were looking at the police officer. ouich They don't think that is funny.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice. Glad you averted funding further government projects.

I find most cops can appreciate the high powered machines. A few years ago I was coming home from the shop after getting some new rubber on my bike (99 R1). I was tooling around on it, trying to break them in. Got to a light after getting off the highway, and failed to look behind me. Police was two cars back, just minding his own business. Light turns green, so I did a catwalk for a few hundred meters, and then did some more zigging and zagging to continue wearing in the tires.

Needless to say I got pulled over shortly there after. I tried to explain the whole tire thing, but it was sounding pretty weak. Anyway, he comes back from his car, no ticket, and just says "try to keep the front end 6' off the ground'.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nice work Elevens!
reminds me of a story of mine. I was at the car wash, and these hoods were asking all types of questions about my car. I told them it was real fast and we outrun cops on the highway for fun.(total fabrication)
of course they didnt believe it.
Anyway, as i left the car wash they wanted me to give it some. So, at the light,(the car wash is at a corner of an intersection) , i did. Completely peeled out 1st and 2nd(the armoral totally helped), but for some reason i didnt check behind me. Grand Rapids city cop directly behind me. I thought forsure i was getting pulled over. My car was fishitailing!!! Any way, i let up in third and pretty much coasted to the next light. To my surprise, he pulled up next to me, gave me a nod, and turned right. :byee55amg

Next time i went to the car wash, they thought i had the biggest set of balls out there. Of course i told them i knew the cop was there.

josh.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wow, fun and no ticket. The ONLY ticket I ever got out of was in the M5--the cop cut me a break. He was a Beast Lover.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
got pulled over a couple weeks ago, (no ticket, just warning) I was taking a right around a corner and wouldn't you know it I gave a little throttle blip and the rears spun (imagine that) anyway a cop was sitting at the nearby gas station. He asked if I was having a problem with my throttle sticking???? I, of course, immediatley blamed the outrageous amount of sand and salt on these darn new england winter roads. He bought it:cheers:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Bill,

Whew! Thought you were going to tell us that you got a million dollar ticket or something. Glad things turned out the way they did (still nerve-wracking though!!).

It's funny that you said that about just making a point with the cops and CONFIDENTLY going through the intersection. I used to be scared to death of cops. Maybe it's because I drive an M5 :haha: , but recently I'm like "whatever" when there're around too. I course I'd be the first one boo-hooing if I ended up in jail or even with a ticket!!

Josh's story is a hoot too. That's the best (and only) posing I do--accidental posing :1:

Keep up the good work out there people and avoid those tickets :cool2:

Anita

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anita said:
...CONFIDENTLY going through the intersection...
That's a good one, Anita - maybe I'll try that line next time :blabla:
;)

:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts