BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my ADV.1 wheels, but need to get them popped out a little bit. Based on this look, what would you guys suggest? I want it super flush. I was thinking a 12mm spacer or maybe 15mm front and 12 rear?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That would mean an offset of 8 at front and around 10 or 10.5 at the rear.

This should not require spacers. If you choose to use them you shall stress your control arms and bushings.

If you are ok with that, you can run any spacers that you like as long as you don't rub your fenders.

The only way to check that is physically measure the space you have left.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wheels are 20x8.5 and 20x10.5. The offsets are +18 front and +20 rear.

Carrisco, based off of your opinion, which I value as you seem to really know your stuff, what would you say a good aggressive size would be? I initially ordered 4 5mm spacers but I feel like that is not going to be enough. Do you think a 15 up front and a 12 out back would be too much?

It seems as there is about 1 to 1.2 inches from the top of the tire to the edge of the fender.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The wheels are 20x8.5 and 20x10.5. The offsets are +18 front and +20 rear.

Carrisco, based off of your opinion, which I value as you seem to really know your stuff, what would you say a good aggressive size would be? I initially ordered 4 5mm spacers but I feel like that is not going to be enough. Do you think a 15 up front and a 12 out back would be too much?

It seems as there is about 1 to 1.2 inches from the top of the tire to the edge of the fender.
Are there any spacers on it currently when you took your measurement? I assume no, but I want to clarify.. Also, the 1 to 1.2 inch measurement you took, was that both front and rear? I seem to remember you were lowered on H&R springs? From the pictures, it doesn't look as if it's lowered much but pictures can be deceiving.

I'd like to wait to make my suggestions until I hear the answers to my questions above and specific measurements front and rear.

Talk to you soon,

-b.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hmm.... not a fan of the color scheme or fitment :confused:

BTW the fronts don't look like m6 fitment at all, unless they were purposely ordered very conservatively. Looks like you can fit a huge spacer (15mm+).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AW 11 m3

this is just the first step as I will be doing more yellow accents around the car. These pics don't do the car justice, but I do agree about the fitment. I am a little upset with how they fit, I knew it would be conservative, but didn't realize by how much. I think once I get the spacers on they will look MUCH better, as they look great from the side shot. Thanks for your input though

Carrisco,
these wheels are currently just bolted up with no spacers. The rear wheels are almost perfect, I am thinking maybe 5mm spacers in the back, it's the fronts that I am worried about. I'd say front is 1 to 1.2 inch from the top of the tire to the fender. My only worry is that the wheel has some camber so if I bring them out 1 full inch the bottom part of the wheel will be sticking out too far. That is why I think maybe a 15mm will be a good middle ground. The rear is probably about .3 in, which isn't too bad at all. The car is lowered on H&R springs, but in the pics it doesn't look it. In person you can tell. I actually don't want the car to be any lower.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The front rims look wrong, I think it's the lack of even a little bit of depth.

Not to bash on ADV1 as for all I know they're a sponsor, but I haven't heard a lot of great stuff about them.

Do they even give out their offsets to customers?

·
Registered
933 Posts
You ordered "custom" wheels for an M6 and thats what they sent you? I would have them re-do the centers of the front. that looks way off...I had to run spacers on my 21s because they were originally built for the M5 which has different offsets.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That's gotta rub like a fat chick's thighs... :grinyes:

-b.

Looks like you would need atleast 15mm all around.... I rolled my rear fenders this is fitment!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks like you would need atleast 15mm all around.... I rolled my rear fenders this is fitment!

Wow! I'm all for the "flush" look...but I think you took it one step too far to be honest. the rear is too much. and even if you rolled the fenders...I'm sure it rubs, right?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok guys.

a few more details for you and a few clarifications.

These are ADV.1 Flowspec series which is their cast wheel. It is a less costly alternative to their Forged product, with similar weights but less variability to fitment. I knew they would be very conservative as they really only come in a +35 or +18 offset front. These were the plus 18. Regardless, I had 4 custom spacers made to pull the wheels out to where I would be happy with them.

The color is not for everyone, as some people on here didn't like it, but I can say that the general audience must love it based on the amount of camera phones I have had to deal with in the one day of having them on correctly. But I do live in Jacksonville, FL so the car game is not this vivid normally.

Here are the pictures of the wheels fitted correctly. I have NOTHING bad to say about ADV.1 as they have been nothing but helpful in getting them to fit as needed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ok guys.

a few more details for you and a few clarifications.

These are ADV.1 Flowspec series which is their cast wheel. It is a less costly alternative to their Forged product, with similar weights but less variability to fitment. I knew they would be very conservative as they really only come in a +35 or +18 offset front. These were the plus 18. Regardless, I had 4 custom spacers made to pull the wheels out to where I would be happy with them.

The color is not for everyone, as some people on here didn't like it, but I can say that the general audience must love it based on the amount of camera phones I have had to deal with in the one day of having them on correctly. But I do live in Jacksonville, FL so the car game is not this vivid normally.
What did you end up with in regards to the spacers (in mm)? I had held off giving you my reply because the 1" - 1.3" you had to fill in the front was just too much gap to close for anything I'd feel comfortable recommending. That would take 25-30mm of spacer and that's just nuts to do (especially on the front end).

Looks good now but I'm curious what the measurements of the spacers are...

Regards,

-b.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carrisco,

Thanks man. I feel like you were there for the whole process. LOL. I ended up with a 17mm out front and a 7mm in the back. Hubcentric. A guy here in town makes them from scratch, he knocked them out in a few hours. I was stoked. The car drives great, can't even really tell there are spacers on it. Just looks a bunch better. here are some better pics again. Thanks for your help throughout the process.

Reactions: carrisco

·
Registered
215 Posts
The front rims look wrong, I think it's the lack of even a little bit of depth.

Not to bash on ADV1 as for all I know they're a sponsor, but I haven't heard a lot of great stuff about them.

Do they even give out their offsets to customers?
This is the first I've ever heard that isn't great about them. All I hear is rave reviews about them. You have to keep in mind these were never designed to be on an M6, the offsets were made for an M3 and they've also been fitted to M5's. The offsets are way too high for an M6 without spacers. These are from their cast line and aren't custom made so the offsets are readily available.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts