BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Men,
Picked up my wheels today, just had them cleaned up, the lacquer on the dish had split and was peeling badly, also had some tiny cracks in the lacquer on every wheel. Where the long valve stems are located the lacquer was also chipped, at speed the force was bending the valve and it had hit the dish.

The original tyres Dunlop SP9000's that came off have about 3mm tread, some scrubbing to the front outers, I'm going to skip them, if anyone wants them PM me, they are OK but I did not want to have new tyres fitted to my newly refurbed rims in 6months or so, so put new Vreds on.............

Some before pics.........

Anyway I had 2 options, diamond cut & re-lacquer or polish & re-lacquer. The faces were fine so only the dish required work, although the entire wheel has been re-laqured. I liked the original style so was going to leave them as is, but got talked into getting them polished. The finish is excellent, I am happy with the quality of the workmanship and £200 for all 4 wheels including fitting new tyres and re-balancing is not a bad deal at all. I'm just not sure if I'd have been better just leaving them as they were, maybe once i've cleaned the tyres up and put some wheel sealant on they will look better on the car. What do you think? I'll re-post once fitted to the car.

This ones just for interest, my mates.........

Mike

·
Registered
970 Posts
Looks damn good. I need to do the same for my wheels, but can't find any shop in Chicago to do it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i'm starting to like them.............

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Richbrook flush fit valves. About £10 from e - bay, you have a steel valve stem that screws into the new flush valve once the slot head cap is removed......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts