BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long awaited, and exhausting search, I finally found my gem!
Just picked her up this Saturday, and drove her back on the highway, ferry, and more highway, 300km back (from the dealership) to her new home! my gosh this car is amazing!
specs:
LeMans blue/Black/wood
CPO car
37000km (approx 22000mi)

more to follow, with pictures, I gotta go now and drive it again!!!!!!!

looking forward to all the discussions...

cheers!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Congrats on the new car... you will be getting a lot more wrinkles from smiling too much with that car. :haha2:

- Kin

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sounds like a good purchase, enjoy, and keep us psoted, Josh

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!...

My first impressions were, you cannot determine the speed your going at, because its awlays hungry to be pushed! cruising at 100km in a 50km zone is SO easy to do!... this is also my first 6sp car... and the tranny is very forgiving and easy to handle. Never stalled it at all. Getting the car into the reverse gear needs a bit of practice still...

question: I know there is lots of posts on this, but I upgraded the MKIII CD based NAV to a MKIV one I had purchased from ebay. Plugged it in and everything is fine and dandy, works perfectly! but, when I go to insert a Navigation DVD, is says 'incorrect CD/DVD'... so no map is diplayed? The DVD is from my buddy's 645ci.... am I using the wrong DVD?
Also, what is the easiest way to post pictures on here?

thanks!
e60beast

·
Registered
992 Posts
e60beast said:
what is the easiest way to post pictures here? thanks!
e60beast
Well there are a couple of ways. In the editor, use the icon in the toolbar that looks like mountains...from there you can attach at thumbnail or you can just cut and past the picture into the main body of your post.

Congratulations and post pics, we would love to see the car!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations!!! I love this car. So far I have received many complements from different people. You hear someone saying "Nice car!". It make me feel special...

Igor

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congratulations ----

You sound (and might feel) like I did about 3 years ago when I drove my Beast from Cleveland to Detroit. What a blast !!! I returned mine about two months ago as a lease return and then a few weeks later leased a Z8. Another wonderful car ro drive.

Enjoy your ride - you will have a great time every time you turn the key in the ignition.

:wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts