BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

To keep a long story short I got my M5 today at 4:30pm delivered to my door in style...thats how you should get one of these. It was originally slated for 19th May but if you read one of my old threads the sales person screwed up my order. I was told to expect it in April 2006 but I was not having it. Behind the scenes I've been working with the London dealer to ensure they
did what they had to do to get me my M5 before August.....so here it is.

Question for current drivers...how do you select one of the programs in "D" or "S" mode ?. The amount of looks this car attracts !!!!! - so much power. I must have been driving around in "S" mode around town for at least an hour before I remembered that there is a "POWER" button which gives me the 507BHP so I was driving around in 400BHP mode and didn't realise it. The power delivery is awesome.

I brought a X5 a couple of weeks ago - really enjoying it but the M5 is another story all together. Here's some pictures for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:happybirtAnd the Gallardo is gone :hihi: Black M5 E60 looks very good.

Another news: m5board.com video should be in the air as well to you!

Congrats again!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Two nice black beasts in the garage. Dont tell me its a 4.8is? :biggrin:

Anyway, enjoy your new toy :M5rev:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congratulations Ghufran - the car looks great :thumbsup:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Awesome. 2 high maintenance color vehicles. Please share more thoughts as you have more experience with it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Ghufran said:
Question for current drivers...how do you select one of the programs in "D" or "S" mode ?
Press the rocker switch directly behind the gearstick. Press the left side for slower shifting and the right side for faster shifting. You'll see which program you are in via a display just about the gear indicator on the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
looks amazing, congrats and happy speedin' :M5launch:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
The more I see this thing in black the more I am tempted to go in that direction. It is a great color for this car (as long as it stays clean). I doubt it is carbon black since that would be an Individual color for this car (right?), and I don't detect any blue in it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Awesome; Congrats! You must be very Happy! :D :D :D

Thank you for posting the pictures - we all appreciate it. Now get out there and :wroom:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Looks like Sapphire Black to me - same as Adam's.

·
Registered
362 Posts
MASHA' ALLAH , TABARAK ALLAH.

Congrats Ghufran, great combo. Enjoy it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ashok Arora said:
Looks like Sapphire Black to me - same as Adam's.
It is Sapphire Black. My original spec had Carbon Black but I changed my mind and its paid dividends - I like this colour.

Two things remaining for Monday

1) My head rests TV's
2) Front passenger/driver window tints.

Dealer said he'll do them but it would be Wednesday for someone to install and then deliver to me. Coulden't wait.

All in all I think my invoice was for £71,300 bucks.

Option List

354 Graduated Tint Windscreen
601 T.V Function
678 Rear Headphone System
677 Logic 7 Professional Hi-Fi
761 Sun Protect Glass
644 Bluetooth
416 Sunblinds for side and rear
620 Extended Voice Control
Z5C BMW Online Internet Portal
465 Thru Load System inc Ski Bag
496 Heated Rear Seats
4MA M Multi-Function Sport Seats

I'm in the office today so I can't enjoy the beast till later this evening. :mad:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts