BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...after a bit of a wait, and some shipping BS, I finally got my wheels! I ordered them last week, originally a set of brushed 20's which were supposed to take 4-6 weeks. I got a call from HRE the next day, and they asked if I'd be interested in a set of polished that they had on the shelf. I thought about it, and went for it, since they could get them to me in 2 days. Being the impatient SOB I am, I bit on em. Well, that was a week ago. I got a call Monday morning...the day they were supposed to install them, and apparently there was a problem with shipping. Some dumb ***** decided to send my rims to Texas overnight. How do you F up TX for CA? Anyways, they were overnighted to TX, and then the shop in TX was supposed to overnight them to CA....ok, so worst case I would wait one extra day...no biggie. Yeah, aparently that shop in TX decided they didn't need to send them so fast, so I got them today. Well, after it was all said and done, I got them installed today and they look awesome. I may still have them powdercoated, just because black rims look soooooo sick. I'll post pics tomorrow.

E

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Pixs please

·
Registered
655 Posts
so.... what kind of HRE's?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Man...after a bit of a wait, and some shipping BS, I finally got my wheels! I ordered them last week, originally a set of brushed 20's which were supposed to take 4-6 weeks. I got a call from HRE the next day, and they asked if I'd be interested in a set of polished that they had on the shelf. I thought about it, and went for it, since they could get them to me in 2 days. Being the impatient SOB I am, I bit on em. Well, that was a week ago. I got a call Monday morning...the day they were supposed to install them, and apparently there was a problem with shipping. Some dumb ***** decided to send my rims to Texas overnight. How do you F up TX for CA? Anyways, they were overnighted to TX, and then the shop in TX was supposed to overnight them to CA....ok, so worst case I would wait one extra day...no biggie. Yeah, aparently that shop in TX decided they didn't need to send them so fast, so I got them today. Well, after it was all said and done, I got them installed today and they look awesome. I may still have them powdercoated, just because black rims look soooooo sick. I'll post pics tomorrow.

E
Congrats on your new whells, but pictures are woth 1000 words:hihi:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
HAHAHA... tough crowd!

But yeah, where are the damn pics???

=)

BTW, is Dinan done with your car yet?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have pics up on monday or tuesday. Dinan hasn't finished yet because Dinan hasn't started yet. There was a delay with the brakes, so I got pushed back a couple weeks. It's going down on Monday or Tuesday.

Eric

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
How about telling us the model number? I'm impatient like you and I don't know if I can wait till Mon/Tue. HAHAHA

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Waiting on those pics!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
NICE WHEELS! Looking forward to seeing pics of them on your car.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Good rims. Very similar to the comp series 20's. :M5thumbs: I have Comp 21's with Charcoal Gray powder coat, love it! ;)

Powder coat would look sharp!mmmmmm However, you might like the chrome accents to the car.:dunno:

Congrats!
cherrsagai

1 - 19 of 19 Posts