BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Got My Car Saturday

1561 14
It is getting its first set of mods right now.....

Nothing massive but radar diffuser, v1 hardwired, smoked tails, and blacked out front reflector. I did discover some very disturbing paint defects on the lower passenger side.....it looks like the paint was melted with a heat gun. Anyway I talked to the dealer and i don't think they will give me a hard time about fixing it. I will post pics of the car when I pick it up tomorrow....
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
NYCE E60M5 you got there NewYorkCityE60M5 :1:

Since you didn't post pics, I just took another look at my pics. Good times in life when your sitting in your brand new M5 for the first time, again.

Good times after break-in, as well :M5rev: as you know.

Congrats!

Sucks about the paint, sure it will get fixed, correctly. Wonder if it was on that ship in another thread.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
pics.....and good luck

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It is getting its first set of mods right now.....

Nothing massive but radar diffuser, v1 hardwired, smoked tails, and blacked out front reflector. I did discover some very disturbing paint defects on the lower passenger side.....it looks like the paint was melted with a heat gun. Anyway I talked to the dealer and i don't think they will give me a hard time about fixing it. I will post pics of the car when I pick it up tomorrow....
Congrats:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'm curious how paint defects like that get past QC.?! :dunno:
My 2006 M coupe had the worst paint I have ever seen on a BMW.

It had pit marks on the trunk.

My 2008 M6 paing is pretty good. There were some leather issues on the inside, but the outside was looking nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.