BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting its first set of mods right now.....

Nothing massive but radar diffuser, v1 hardwired, smoked tails, and blacked out front reflector. I did discover some very disturbing paint defects on the lower passenger side.....it looks like the paint was melted with a heat gun. Anyway I talked to the dealer and i don't think they will give me a hard time about fixing it. I will post pics of the car when I pick it up tomorrow....

·
Registered
538 Posts
NYCE E60M5 you got there NewYorkCityE60M5 :1:

Since you didn't post pics, I just took another look at my pics. Good times in life when your sitting in your brand new M5 for the first time, again.

Good times after break-in, as well :M5rev: as you know.

Congrats!

Sucks about the paint, sure it will get fixed, correctly. Wonder if it was on that ship in another thread.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I was excited to see some pics :( oh well... Congrats brother

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
pics.....and good luck

·
Registered
994 Posts
It is getting its first set of mods right now.....

Nothing massive but radar diffuser, v1 hardwired, smoked tails, and blacked out front reflector. I did discover some very disturbing paint defects on the lower passenger side.....it looks like the paint was melted with a heat gun. Anyway I talked to the dealer and i don't think they will give me a hard time about fixing it. I will post pics of the car when I pick it up tomorrow....
Congrats:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm curious how paint defects like that get past QC.?! :dunno:
My 2006 M coupe had the worst paint I have ever seen on a BMW.

It had pit marks on the trunk.

My 2008 M6 paing is pretty good. There were some leather issues on the inside, but the outside was looking nice.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
awsome!! congrats and enjoy brother!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tail lights are more subtle than some of the pics make them out to be. I did not do it myself...Detailing Dynamics in Mineola did it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts