BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the car from Butler Tire in Alpharetta, GA after they installed the 16in/6-piston front, 15in/4-piston rear Brembo kit on my M6 cab. Dropped the car off in the a.m. and they had it ready later that day. They also replaced my ACS front grille at no charge as the damn chrome was cloudy and wouldn't shine, no matter how much polish you used. Nice for a $1,800 piece, right?

Anyway, haven't had much chance to drive the car that hard yet as they told me to take it easy on them for the first few hundred miles, but my salesman Geordie said he did bed the brakes so they won't squeal down the road sometime. First impressions are good, however, as the brake pedal is definitely firmer, but still have the typical BMW progressive feel. I'll let you guys know how they do relative to the stockers once I've had a chance to break them in a bit. Once I get back from Daytona, I'm going to talk to Geordie about suspension, just something to drop it a bit and increase handling some. Any ideas?

Well, enough talk, onto the pics:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
perfect wheel set up!!!!
do u have ACS exhaust as well?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect wheel set up!!!!
do u have ACS exhaust as well?
Thanks! Nah, didn't do the ACS exhaust as it looked a little funny to me and was apparently pretty heavy as well. We opted for the Supersprint Race with mid pipe instead. Sounds amazing, too. Pic:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Now that is GREAT!
I miss the "Nah" expression of Southerners :goldcup:

I just edited some 3000 pictures from my USA trip and nowI have 1100 pictures to comment and put up. Some of thies very car :grinyes:

Hope all is well and I can't wait ti visit the South again! Also, while I was sorting throug my Atlanta pictures, I came across the nice breakfast we had, was that named Chick-filet ?????? The sure tasted great that early in the morning!

In anycase, hope all is well and when you're in Europe, give me a call!

·
Registered
370 Posts
how much did u pay for brakes with installation

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
What is the part number and price for the brake kit?

Also, I think the OP and DEKNIGHT :viking2: need to have a modding contest for their M6s :hihi:

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
How do these compare performance wise to the Dinan Brembo offering?

Looks like bwnicely's front rotors are bigger than the Dinan's and rears same size.

bwnicely's: 16in/6-piston front, 15in/4-piston rear Brembo kit

16 inches = 406.4 mm
15 inches = 381 mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinan/Brembo's: Front and Rear Brakes-Red Calipers With Slotted Rotors

The Dinan/Brembo Four-Wheel Brake Conversion Features:
Front Rotors: 380mm Slotted with Aluminum Hats (Stock M6 Rotors Measure 374mm)
Front Calipers: 6-Piston Mono-Block Aluminum
Rear Rotors: 380mm Slotted with Aluminum Hats (Stock M6 Rotors Measure 370mm)
Rear Calipers: 4-Piston Aluminum
Goodridge DOT/TUV Approved Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Mounting Brackets and Assembly Hardware
Dinan-spec Ferodo Brake Pads with Sensor Provision

Part # D290-0606-R

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What is the part number and price for the brake kit?

Also, I think the OP and DEKNIGHT :viking2: need to have a modding contest for their M6s :hihi:
+1

·
Registered
370 Posts
those are some sweet brakes and how much u pay for the brakes with installation

·
Registered
397 Posts
those are some sweet brakes and how much u pay for the brakes with installation

Ya, the brakes are sweet. Min. $5k they better be though... I'm just jealous. lovelovelovelovelovelove

1 - 20 of 32 Posts