BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everbody,
today was my day... at 09:30 i took delivery of my '01 beast. WWWOOOWWW. It's so a great car...

i took a few pictures: feel free to visit my M5.

There is another thing to say: i want to apologize for my wrong input at the NAV-System upgrade topic: i compared my rims with an '99 M5 by my dealer and they have the same color (brightness)... sorry

Dany

'01 lemans blue /lemans blue (at home!)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Oh what a beauty... I can't wait for mine (3 weeks).. I will absolutely change my Orange (US) indicators to Euro White.. The white ones look sooooo much better...

A

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Dany:

It is absolutely beautiful!!!

Thank you for posting the pic's. The Lemans blue combo is looking more and more like my choice.

Good luck with it!!!

Just one question....what happened to the stock rims? Did you take them off in favor of winter tires?

Tom

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That is such a sweet color combo. Congrats!

By the way, that looks like new GPS hardware in your trunk... at least different from mine.

[This message has been edited by Anzir (edited 07 November 2000).]

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Beautiful! Congratulations. I was wondering about the snow tires also- did you also get the standard 18" rims? Finally, why is it that the Europeans get the TV tuner and also all that "tele-text" data. Its like were in the stoneages over here.

ME

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's a nice colour combination, blue leather looks great ! A bit flashy though.
The 18" stock wheels definitely look better than 17" snow ones.

martin

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by MEnthusiast:
Beautiful! Congratulations. I was wondering about the snow tires also- did you also get the standard 18" rims? Finally, why is it that the Europeans get the TV tuner and also all that "tele-text" data. Its like were in the stoneages over here.

ME
It's the U.S. government,..read democrates,..that think us americans are too dumb to have a TV in the front dash. It might distract us and cause a crash while we're going 55mph on a 10 lane highway.

------------------

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations Dany!!
If you have been reading this messageboard you know of possible clutch problems if you don`t master the pedal first so..., hold your pants for a while `till you`re shure of what you`re doing. Go easy on the engine for 2000km before blasting your beast in the sports-mode.
Happy driving.
Ricardo

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is the sexist color combo I have seen. I WANT IT. Anyone want a slightly used '00 silverstone M5?

Later,
Kenneth

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dany-

Very nice color combo. I have a Carbon Black with the same interior as yours. I love it.

BTW is that a Loffelstein retaining wall in your front yard?

Enjoy your new awsome car!!! After it is broken in ~4000 miles it will drive great.

stevem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dany,
Great looking car. Really like the color. Are those wheels new for 2000 or do they come on euro models? They look nice, very clean looking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, guys...
i was surprised from that huge responce... And here are the answers:

Bibendum: It's a Motorola V3690 with special BMW firmware. It have builtin speech activation and i can use it with the NAV-System - Steering wheel features (complete integration).

stevem: Yes there are Loeffelsteine in the background (the pic's where made by my parents).

RedBack Spider: I don't know if these rims are use on 540 in the US, but i have them for my snow tyres...

bobafett: Ups, don't know (i will check this)

rtorre: thanks for the advice, but i have driven a M3 for 3 years now...

farcknorf: The complete NAV-System is in german, i'm not sure but i think there was a setting... (i will check this too)

MEnthusiast and Tom C: My car was delivered with standart 18" 'Chrome Shadow' rims. But we have temperatures about 0 to 15°C here and the snow is not far away... so i decided to change the rims and put some good snow tyres on them... my original rims are located by the dealer and in spring i will change them back. I own both...

MEnthusiast (second question): i can't understand why but it is not a technical thing! According to the manual the TV-Option works everywhere...

Dany

'01 lemans blue / lemans blue

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by JCSav:
Are those wheels new for 2000 or do they come on euro models? They look nice, very clean looking.
Thanks JCSav,
no they aren't the originals, i changed them for a pair of snow tyres (17")...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts