BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been 3 weeks since I got my beast... now I just got an Alutec Strut Bar from Fiber Design.

It looks great and very well made, price was relatively inexpensive compare to all the other ones available for our cars.

anyhow here are some pics

:wroom:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
WOW

Clean engine bay!

·
Banned
386 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just ordered the strut tower bar from Carlos @ Fiber-design.net (very friendly and prompt with email replies to my questions).

The current $199 + shipping price is just the introductory price since this is a new product for them, but will go up to retail price of $299 + shipping in a short while. So it may be worth it to get your orders in now. They ship out of San Leandro, CA.

From Carlos: "The bar is made from 6061 Alumin and 7005 Alumin for the bracket."

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its been about a week since I got the bar... couldnt be happier. Looks and feels very well made.
I dont know if its just my imagination but the car feels better around the corners too!... Iono might be that the ball grew with the new strut bar too.... hahaha.

Anyhow... good luck guys...
Now looking for new mods and warranty.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ag02M5 said:
Can someone say group buy????

I bet this thing would look hot polished!

R
So how do we organize a Group Buy? Would someone have to contact the vendor and find out if a lower price can be obtained with a group buy? (Since it is at an introductory price, that may not be possible.)

Anyway - I'm in if we can do it!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was just about to order one... shipping to the UK was $45 which seemed pretty reasonable... works out to approx £145 delivered lovelove

I did ask if he would do a better price... , but he said that was rock bottom as it was the intro price... a group buy may tempt him... I'll ask if no one else volunteers.

I did ask about polishing it, he said he would look into it, I doubt it'd be cheap???

Contact details from earlier post: [email protected]

-Steve

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
For that money you could buy a Dinan adjustable rear-sway bar. An item that actually increases the dynamics of the car.

Travis

·
Registered
262 Posts
M5Kid said:
For that money you could buy a Dinan adjustable rear-sway bar. An item that actually increases the dynamics of the car.

Travis
just wondering, what's wrong with the stock sway bar?

-joe

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the stock swaybar. A stock M5 has quite a bit of understeer dialed into it. By adding a thicker and 3-way stiffness adjustable swaybar like Dinan's, a lot of the understeer is dialed out. It's not a miracle cure, but it does help quite a bit.

The M5 has already proven to be an extremely rigid car. Strut bars are better suited for convertables where some ridgity has been lost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts