BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short - I bought a 2004-2 NAV DVD (part #99000390203) off Ebay. The seller said it would work in a 2003 (silly me). You guessed it, it doesn't and the seller won't refund my money :mad: and yes, I have filed a complaint with EBAY. The 2004-2 DVD only works in MY 2004-2005's with front mounted systems, not trunk mounted systems like my 2003. My current DVD is the 2001-2. Does anyone know what version will work and what the part number is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
4ocious said:
Long story short - I bought a 2004-2 NAV DVD (part #99000390203) off Ebay. The seller said it would work in a 2003 (silly me). You guessed it, it doesn't and the seller won't refund my money :mad: and yes, I have filed a complaint with EBAY. The 2004-2 DVD only works in MY 2004-2005's with front mounted systems, not trunk mounted systems like my 2003. My current DVD is the 2001-2. Does anyone know what version will work and what the part number is?
Did you pay with a credit card through paypal? Just reverse the charges.

It is foolish to fund paypal transactions with a bank account as then your only recourse is via ebay (paypal is ebay). If the seller had ANY disclosure in the auction that it was 'as is' or 'up to you to make sure it works' ebay will side with the seller.

Wait for the 2005 map- I am told it is shipping next week (although I will believe it when I see it..)

Sorry for your misfortune.

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I have the 2004-2 dvd in my car and it works fine. Is it scratched, or is your software updated to the current version? I don't think there ever was a bmw dvd from 2001, as I had an early 2003 and the first dvd was 2002.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Does it say DVD-CCC on it? If so, it's only for the E60 5 series and the new 6 series I believe. The seller should have told you so. I had the same thing happen to me on ebay a few months ago but the seller refunded my purchase...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
ard said:
Did you pay with a credit card through paypal? Just reverse the charges.

It is foolish to fund paypal transactions with a bank account as then your only recourse is via ebay (paypal is ebay).
The problem is PayPal makes the account holder upgrade to the Professional level if they accept any payments made via credit card. Then they take away a 3% cut instead of it being free. So many PayPal users are reluctant to accept credit card based payments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
The problem is PayPal makes the account holder upgrade to the Professional level if they accept any payments made via credit card. Then they take away a 3% cut instead of it being free. So many PayPal users are reluctant to accept credit card based payments.
Agree. If I have a choice, I use the card- otherwise I pass.

Paypal and ebay suck when it comes to quality of goods disputes.

Spend $15k a month with AMEX and they'll do ANYTHING for you in a dispute....

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I hate ebay, the worst thing they did was buy paypal, excellent business move, but horrible customer service. Horrible. Just try to phone them if anything goes wrong, I was on hold for over 3 hours (speakerphone) and then the "Cutomer Service" agent (I use the term very loosely) pretty much didn't even listen to my complaint, they just told me there was nothing they could do and pretty much hung up on me. I refuse to use them anymore, instead I'll spend an extra 10% and just get it from an online retailer, ebay sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
ttboyvanc said:
I hate ebay, the worst thing they did was buy paypal, excellent business move, but horrible customer service. Horrible. Just try to phone them if anything goes wrong, I was on hold for over 3 hours (speakerphone) and then the "Cutomer Service" agent (I use the term very loosely) pretty much didn't even listen to my complaint, they just told me there was nothing they could do and pretty much hung up on me. I refuse to use them anymore, instead I'll spend an extra 10% and just get it from an online retailer, ebay sucks!
DON'T EVEN GET ME GOING...

You are absolutely correct- zero customer service and just rife with scams and rip offs. Anyone who's been shopping for Ms has seen those 'too good to be true' deals. Stolen pictures of cars sold months and years ago...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
My experiences with eBay have been completely different. I've sold a few items, ranging from a lawn mower I no longer needed, an old vacuum cleaner, and even my 1996 Chevy Impala SS. And I've purchased a number of items, including a set of brand new take-off wheels for my wife's 2005 Chrysler 300C. In every case, the transaction has gone smoothly, both parties have been happy, and it would have been much harder to buy or sell the items without the help of eBay. During several transactions, I met the buyer/seller face-to-face and found them to be very interesting, articulate, and friendly. I've even kept in touch with a couple of people.

When using eBay, I'm very careful to pay attention to the feedback of the seller and to read the item description as if I was a lawyer reading a contract. I don't hesitate to email questions to the seller and I always avoid ads that don't have clear photographs and concise, well written descriptions.

The eBay ad for my Impala SS is gone, but it looked identical to the one on my web site here: http://tinyurl.com/58yk5. This is a model for the type of description and detail I write when selling and the type of ad I tend to gravitate toward when buying. If you use your head, eBay can be a valuable tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
03E39M5 said:
Does it say DVD-CCC on it? If so, it's only for the E60 5 series and the new 6 series I believe. The seller should have told you so. I had the same thing happen to me on ebay a few months ago but the seller refunded my purchase...
Yes, it has DVD CCC on the label - DARN IT! Thanks for the info., next time I'll be a little more cautious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DZeckhausen said:
My experiences with eBay have been completely different. I've sold a few items, ranging from a lawn mower I no longer needed, an old vacuum cleaner, and even my 1996 Chevy Impala SS. And I've purchased a number of items, including a set of brand new take-off wheels for my wife's 2005 Chrysler 300C. In every case, the transaction has gone smoothly, both parties have been happy, and it would have been much harder to buy or sell the items without the help of eBay. During several transactions, I met the buyer/seller face-to-face and found them to be very interesting, articulate, and friendly. I've even kept in touch with a couple of people.

When using eBay, I'm very careful to pay attention to the feedback of the seller and to read the item description as if I was a lawyer reading a contract. I don't hesitate to email questions to the seller and I always avoid ads that don't have clear photographs and concise, well written descriptions.

The eBay ad for my Impala SS is gone, but it looked identical to the one on my web site here: http://tinyurl.com/58yk5. This is a model for the type of description and detail I write when selling and the type of ad I tend to gravitate toward when buying. If you use your head, eBay can be a valuable tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Whoever told yuo it only works in 04/05 cars is wrong.
I bought my 2004-2 NAV DVD off e-Bay and it works fine in my 03 M5.
Maybe the disk is scratched, but it is not the software.



4ocious said:
Long story short - I bought a 2004-2 NAV DVD (part #99000390203) off Ebay. The seller said it would work in a 2003 (silly me). You guessed it, it doesn't and the seller won't refund my money :mad: and yes, I have filed a complaint with EBAY. The 2004-2 DVD only works in MY 2004-2005's with front mounted systems, not trunk mounted systems like my 2003. My current DVD is the 2001-2. Does anyone know what version will work and what the part number is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
4ocious said:
Long story short - I bought a 2004-2 NAV DVD (part #99000390203) off Ebay. The seller said it would work in a 2003 (silly me). You guessed it, it doesn't and the seller won't refund my money :mad: and yes, I have filed a complaint with EBAY. The 2004-2 DVD only works in MY 2004-2005's with front mounted systems, not trunk mounted systems like my 2003. My current DVD is the 2001-2. Does anyone know what version will work and what the part number is?
I have the same DVD and it works well in my car. I have a 00 with a DVD Nav upgrade

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Guys,
NEVER....... get burned, and in the writer's case, never get burner again. I sold 4 of the latest DVD NAV discs, just last week having the thread up, on the for-sale section of the message board. If you need a DVD NAV disc, see me about getting you one. ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
howler said:
Whoever told yuo it only works in 04/05 cars is wrong.
I bought my 2004-2 NAV DVD off e-Bay and it works fine in my 03 M5.
Maybe the disk is scratched, but it is not the software.
hudson said:
I have the same DVD and it works well in my car. I have a 00 with a DVD Nav upgrade

Joe


There are TWO DIFFERENT 2004-2 DVDs for BMWs!

Both are "Navtech 2004-2 DVDs"

One is BMW part #99000309800 (this works in the Mark 4 M5)

The other is part #99000390203 this works in the E60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
ard said:
There are TWO DIFFERENT 2004-2 DVDs for BMWs!

Both are "Navtech 2004-2 DVDs"

One is BMW part #99000309800 (this works in the Mark 4 M5)

The other is part #99000390203 this works in the E60.
You're right ard, my DVD is #99000309800 for my MK4. Didn't know there was two different ones. ouich

Thanks for the correction
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
this statement is full of irony:D :( :mad:



ttboyvanc said:
I hate ebay, the worst thing they did was buy paypal, excellent business move, but horrible customer service. Horrible. Just try to phone them if anything goes wrong, I was on hold for over 3 hours (speakerphone) and then the "Cutomer Service" agent (I use the term very loosely) pretty much didn't even listen to my complaint, they just told me there was nothing they could do and pretty much hung up on me. I refuse to use them anymore, instead I'll spend an extra 10% and just get it from an online retailer, ebay sucks!
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,977 Posts
ard said:
Spend $15k a month with AMEX and they'll do ANYTHING for you in a dispute....

A
And I thought I was the Shopoholic...

:)

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
I'm waiting on an MK4 from a dealer on eBay (in Gemany). I'm getting the run around though. Three weeks after buying it, he tells me it was returned due to a bad address. I sent him my address again. A few days later I finally got a reply with a DHL tracking number and he said he upgraded it with the new v.26 software. The problem is, the tracking number he gave doesn't come up in the system.
He is still selling on eBay and has good feedback so I'm really hoping it works out. I spoke to someone who bought from him in the past and they had the same type of issues, but they did receive the unit. Crossing my fingers. Cost me $650 plus shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
DavidS said:
And I thought I was the Shopoholic...

:)

David
All my business travel, especially internation goes on AMEX. All my on-line purchases as well.

Best customer service of the bunch...


A

PS Boost- hope it comes through....
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top