BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a new StopTech Sport Trophy Kit last week and the kit looks absolutely amazing.
I can't wait to get the brakes on the car so I can feel it out and do a proper review for you guys. Until then, I'll just bore you with the specs and a few pics.

The specs are:

Front:
380x35mm cross drilled rotors
STR-60 6 piston forged aluminum calipers
Standard Stoptech street pads

Rear:
380x32mm cross drilled rotors
STR-40 4 piston forged aluminum calipers
Standard Stoptech street pads

The calipers are supposed to be 20% lighter than the standard Stoptech calipers and only come in the raw forged aluminum look which looks absolutely gorgeous.

After I got them I put each individual part on the (bathroom:sad3:) scale to check the weight of everything.

Here's the weight I got (probably not 100% accurate though):

Front rotor+hat. 22 1/2lbs
Front caliper. 8lbs
Front pads. 1 1/4lbs
Front bracket. 1lbs

Front total 32 3/4lbs (per axle)

Rear rotor+hat. 22 1/2lbs
Rear caliper. 6lbs
Rear pads. 3/4lbs
Rear brackets. 1lbs

Rear total 30 1/4lbs (per axle)

I'm supposed to get the brakes installed next week. I'm refinishing my Hartge Classic II's in a custom design too, so I'm pretty sure it'll end up being an awesome looking wheel and brake combo.:D
I'll post some more pics when the wheels and brakes are on the car.

There is more info on the kit here

I'm selling my Pagid RS19 race pads for the M5 OEM brake set up. PM for details.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Awesome brakes what do they weigh?

Is the swept surface any bigger than stock?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Congrats, great product!

However, if you plan n tracking your car, I suggest after doing the initial bedding in procedure... try to track the car at the earliest possible before street driving the car!
I presume you got the street pads? If so, then please do that to avoid brake juddering when you take it to the track later on after extensive stree driving!

If you have track pads, you're fine!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome brakes what do they weigh?
Read my original post :) :deal:
Congrats, great product!

However, if you plan n tracking your car, I suggest after doing the initial bedding in procedure... try to track the car at the earliest possible before street driving the car!
I presume you got the street pads? If so, then please do that to avoid brake juddering when you take it to the track later on after extensive stree driving!

If you have track pads, you're fine!
I was following your thread about the vibration while tracking the car, so I'm kinda up to speed with the issues you were having. Tnx for the info though! I do plan on bedding the street pads in to the best of my ability even though I doubt these brakes will see any real "hot lap" style track driving. I have a different car for that :noSMG:

Like I mentioned in my first post. I do have a full set of Pagid RS19 race pads for sale if anyone is interested. These are the best track pads you can run with the stock brakes. PM if intersted.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
They look sweet!! For comparison, I had weighed my stock brakes when I installed my Brembos a while back. Here are the specs:

Front Rotors: 28.4lbs
Front Calipers: 18.4lbs
Total: 46.8lbs

Rear Rotors: 20.6lbs
Rear Calipers: 11.4lbs
Total: 32lbs

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look sweet!! For comparison, I had weighed my stock brakes when I installed my Brembos a while back. Here are the specs:

Front Rotors: 28.4lbs
Front Calipers: 18.4lbs
Total: 46.8lbs

Rear Rotors: 20.6lbs
Rear Calipers: 11.4lbs
Total: 32lbs
So those are stock weight numbers, or the weight of your Brembo's?
Is the caliper weight with or without pads?
It's great to get some numbers on different set ups. That's kinda why I posted this thread. I plan on weighing my stock brakes when I get the Stoptech's installed.
Anyone else got weight numbers they wanna share?

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
So those are stock weight numbers, or the weight of your Brembo's?
Is the caliper weight with or without pads?
It's great to get some numbers on different set ups. That's kinda why I posted this thread. I plan on weighing my stock brakes when I get the Stoptech's installed.
Anyone else got weight numbers they wanna share?
Those are the stock brakes but I don't remember if the pads were on the calipers when I weighed them. Let me ask my shop tomorrow. They had removed my stock setup and already installed my Brembos when I got there so I didn't have a chance to weigh the Brembos.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats, nice new mod ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts