BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Looks good neighbor! Another reason I've stuck with TWS and don't plan on changing anytime. Must feel good to get a bill of good health!

Dan

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'll keep it for reference as I am about to submit my first Blackstone analysis as I do my first DIY oil change at approx. 54K miles in a couple more months.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice, Leo! I sent mine in last week and is supposed to arrive at Blackstone Labs tomorrow. Hopefully my report looks good as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 5soko

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice news, I just ordered my kit.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,261 Posts
Congrats Leo! Your numbers look good.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Nice to see a clean report.

Just got mine back after the first oil change since building the engine, got to get time to upload it here but after 5k miles car only used .4L of oil and numbers came back real low.....I am using TWS too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sub'd -- with all the bearing issues floating about, I ordered a Blackstone kit and plan on checking out the numbers when I drain my oil to do the catless header install in the next few weeks. Will post my results too -- I'm only at 31k miles on an '08 E60 M5. Will be good to get a bunch of posts to see how everyone matches up, and to help the community determine when/if a bearing replacement is warranted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is awesome news. I just changed my oil and sent my sample. I am a little nervous b/c the dealer I got my M5 said they just changed the oil, and the oil was crazy black. My car is an 07 w/ 30k ( I have driven 3000 miles in the month I have owned it) I just can't get enough of this car. I never even drive my AMG anymore. So pleasssse let my Blackstone come back like yours.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Pushed my oil to 10k mi. still not a bad report......
Nice! Mine got delivered to Blackstone Labs this morning. Crossing fingers for a good report...

Reactions: 5soko

·
Registered
422 Posts
everyone got me scared but i did my blackstone and results are great, car has about 85000miles and my lead is at 14 when my oil was at 8k miles

i will get my oil checked at least once a year to make sure it doesnt climb to 50-70!!

good stuff :goldcup:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Can you taint the results of a Blackstone Report if you add a quart of oil or two prior to sending off your oil? Just curious.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Depending how many miles are on the oil in the system I don't think a quart or two will change the results that much. This car takes a ton of oil :hihi:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Can you taint the results of a Blackstone Report if you add a quart of oil or two prior to sending off your oil? Just curious.
You note how many quarts were added during your oil change interval on their sheet of paper you send off and they take it into consideration when analyzing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts