BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The HP of the M5 engine is still unconfirmed, because it should have significant more HP (out of a V8) compared to the competition in the market.

But today not everything is ready and prepared for the news M5 engine – still “under construction”, sorry to say.

On is clear, the M GmbH and the BMW AG will definitely claim theirs leadership. On that you can be sure they are working very hard and target-aimed to create the new engine of the years 201X

I keep you posted.

BTW I forgot, Alpina is planning to start a own engine production (with the support of BMW)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That brought a smile to may face after a bad weekend thanks Gustav

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:trophy_bronze: "On is clear, the M GmbH and the BMW AG will definitely claim theirs leadership. On that you can be sure they are working very hard and target-aimed to create the new engine of the years 201X" :trophy_bronze:
:goldcup:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
keep on tickin' them boxes BMW M GmbH!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it's safe to assume it will have more hp than the E63?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Great news! If it surpasses the 600hp mark, my name is going down on the list! Otherwise I will await the next Gen porker turbo ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I really now have high hopes for the F10 M5! :) Can't wait to see a stock F10 M5 at Gustav's airfield event blowing the doors off a stock CTS-V from ALL speeds!!

Damn. Friday can't come soon enough... Gustav, please get GOOD close up pictures of the concept M5 please!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they make the M5 to strong, who would then go buy the new M3? If M5 F10 output is above 600hp SAE they need to make M3 close to 500hp to... this means they need to go with a straight 6 supercharger on M3 and that would suck *** compared to V8. My bet is just below 600hp for the F10. Just sayin :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts