BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new Goodyear tires on my 02 M5 two weeks ago and I really don't like the way they perform. So, I'm going to get a set of PS2's. They are stock sizes...275/35/18 and 245/40/18. They have just about 200 miles on them. I'd rate the tread, but how much tread can come off in 200 miles? Never tracked or raced...nothing unusual about them at all. I just don't like these tires, but maybe you think they're the cats ars. Make me an offer. I got them from Tirerack.com...paid about $970 delivered.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most new tires need about 500 miles or so to break in properly. When new, tires drive a little "loose", like they're greasy or something like that. You might want to try running on them for a little while longer before you give up on them.

Joe

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've found 40psi (while hot) front & rear firms things up quite abit stability wise, but i'd have to agree that almost every tyre I've used up to now (2 1/2 years worth) have performed much better than the Eagle F1's, the car understeers way too much, they seem too soft/bouncy and DSC intervenes even above 120mph IN THE DRY!

They're pretty good at resisting aquaplaning in the wet, and the do leave nice consistent 20ft black marks in tarmac with the slightest provocation of 2nd gear, but I just don't think they're suited towards the m5's overall weight & power. Believe it or not, I'd rather a set of el_cheapo nankangs or kumos instead right now.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52192

1 - 3 of 3 Posts