BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I traded in my 2006 M5 today for a new M6 convertible (Carbon black / black). The m5 had just a tick under 105,000 and had been a great car but it was time for a new car. I was trying to decide if I was going to buy something cheaper and wait for the new M5 or get a 550 and let Dinan do their thing but the dealer had a brand new 2010 M6 convertible for a price I could not pass up. The had advertised it on the Internet for 30k off so we started bargaining from there. I got a great price and what I consider a fair trade in for a M5 with such high miles.

Just trying to figure out the new iDrive. I like a lot of the new stuff but i can't figure out how to get it to sort contacts by first name ...

Kent

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, need pictures! Let the mods begin.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi all I traded in my 2006 M5 today for a new M6 convertible (Carbon black / black). The m5 had just a tick under 105,000 and had been a great car but it was time for a new car. I was trying to decide if I was going to buy something cheaper and wait for the new M5 or get a 550 and let Dinan do their thing but the dealer had a brand new 2010 M6 convertible for a price I could not pass up. The had advertised it on the Internet for 30k off so we started bargaining from there. I got a great price and what I consider a fair trade in for a M5 with such high miles.

Just trying to figure out the new iDrive. I like a lot of the new stuff but i can't figure out how to get it to sort contacts by first name ...

Kent

Nice man! Congrats. So you had almost 105,000 miles on the M5 huh Lol that's awesome. Now that shows build quality for a high performance car. You plan on anything aftermarket for the M6?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Congrats :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Good move!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Congrats. Recently made a similar switch myself and while I miss my M5, the M6 is fantastic!

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
let's the mod begins
:cheers:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Good move! Some pics are in order.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats!! Im actually in your same boat now. My lease is ending on my m5 and I'm seeing some sick deals on M6s. Care to share what you were able to negotiate down to?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got to just below 80 on the m6 and a little over 25 for my m5 as a trade (remember it had over 100k miles)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Awesome dealmaking on both sides of your transaction! Congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts