BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to this point all of the mods that I have done to my car have been done at the BMW dealer of I have done them myself. I am looking to get into a new set of headers and install an under drive pulley, both of which I do not feel comfortable doing on my own and don't want to get killed in labor costs by going to the dealer. I have been searching for a good tuner shop here in New England, but haven't come across any that have rave reviews. I was hoping that someone here could speak from experience of a good shop to go to up this way. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Headers are a big undertaking. You have to make sure you also have stage 2 software with them for proper diagnostics. Would definitely recommend going to a non dealer, as its about 20+ hour labor install book time. All that being said, both sets Ive installed for clients have made a remarkable difference. Obviously I install them at my shop, but I also can highly recommend Kaizen. Very good group of guys who love cars. Hope this helps.

Reactions: PVUM5

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After a bit more searching I came across Turner Motorsport. I noticed that they were an advertiser on the board and that they specialize in BMW work. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
After a bit more searching I came across Turner Motorsport. I noticed that they were an advertiser on the board and that they specialize in BMW work. Anyone have any experience with them?

Will Turner is a personal friend of mine....he specializes in BMW and races BMW's all over the country...he has a great shop with the MOST up to date software and equipment available....and most of all the guys at his shop are top notch...very knowledgeable...I have been turning wrenches for over 40 years and wouldn't hesitate bringing my cars there...Easy to get to his shop is right off of rt 495 in Salsbury Mass. Tell him Santa sent you.....:byebye:

Reactions: PVUM5

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input!! I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to find a good shop in the area after being quote $400+ for an under drive pulley install by one of the local shops.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd also recommend TMS very highly. They've been around for a long time and their staff is very helpful. I haven't done business with them for the e60 (yet), but they have always been great when I've bought e30 M3 parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts