BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, some of you may remember my rantings and ravings :mad: about my last dealer service (noone at parts department counter even after being paged several times with customer waiting, Service Advisor telling me there is nothing wrong with my clutch - since I was able to drive the car in - never mind everyone in the service area going - oohh..the smell, must be the clutch, etc.) ANYWAYS, I wanted to pass along a great story about my new dealer - BMW North Scottsdale.

First of all, thanks to MikeLA, Wake Champ, and KevinM for the suggestions - based on their recommendations, I gave BMW North Scottsdale and Stacey Moore a call. I left a message for Stacey stating that I was in the process of finding a Service Advisor for my M5 and I would like to ask him a few questions - he actually called me back! I asked him if he had concerns about people who track their car, he said, No - the M5 is one of the sturdiest platforms I have seen - no problem - I asked him several more questions to make sure I wasn't going to have the same experience as before. I then call back to make an appointment - they have one the very next day (again - it was always at least 1 week at the last dealer)! I cancelled the appointment early the next day, but I had noticed later in the day that my passenger rear tire was slow leaking. I had been filling it up, but it was still losing about 14 psi a day, so I scheduled another appointment (again, one available tomorrow)! I show up for my 7 a.m. appointment at 6:50 a.m. and to my shock, they are sweeping and vacuuming the service entrance - boy, was I impressed. You could tell they do this everyday. They open the doors and in we go. Someone comes out right away and asks if you have been helped - they find Stacey for me, he comes out and we talk - I let him know that I wanted the brake fluid flush/replacement, a 2 year warranty inspection, brake linings checked, the ///M emblem on the plenum replaced - previous owner someone bubbled the chrome off due to heat, and the tire checked.

Stacey upgraded my loaner car and also brought out their Dinan install guy and we chatted for awhile about exhausts, etc.

At 11 a.m., Stacey calls - car is finished and getting washed, should be ready to be picked up anytime! Now, amazingly when I took my car into the last dealer, it was invariably 4 p.m. before I got a call no matter what the work was. Everything checked out, no issues, brake fluid flush done and there was a nail in the tire - they repaired it - NO CHARGE - NADA - FREEBIE! (okay, so I occasionally watch Monster Garage). Even my wife was surprised. A friend of mine said, you should get a nail in your tire more often, then you can get the car washed for free! :7:

Anyways, what a great experience. I am so happy with the service I received I am going to let BMW NA know exactly how impressed I am.

Thank you Stacey and BMW North Scottsdale, you have made me a believer that customer service does exist at a dealer. lovelove

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Wonderfu! It's nice to hear an upbeat story about a dealership for a change!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Its a nice change of pace to hear about a good visit to the dealer, if only we all could be so lucky, Josh

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glad to hear the advice helped. From research I have done, BMW of North Scottsdale seems to be the best place around. They actually treat the M5 like an M5. I do believe the mechanics at Chapman on mcdowell do very solid work, but they have plenty of other issues... glad to hear everything worked out for ya!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So, once again, I have to post another great service story from BMW North Scottsdale.

I am the second owner of my M5 (2003). I bought it with 5k miles on it. One of the things that bothered me was that the M emblem on the plenum when I bought it had been marred (it looked like some really hot fluid or rubber or something was spilled on it). I looked at the hood liner above the emblem, but there was no sign of rubbing or any fluids, etc. so it was always a mystery to me what happened.

Anyways, it was annoying. I had priced the replacement part in California and they wanted $48 for it. I thought it was too much for a plastic emblem.

Well, I figured it was bothering me enough that I scheduled service to get it replaced.

I went into the dealership at BMW North Scottsdale to get it repaired while I waited. My service advisor (Stacey Moore - he rocks) was out - BTW - He told me he was going to be out, since he was a chaperone at his son's all night high school graduation party, but had everything set up for me.

I went to the parts counter and the guy gets the part and looks at the price ($42). He shakes his head and says, I am going to give you a discount on this. I said, "Well, I am a member of the BMW CCA." - he says, "I am going to give you a much better discount than that. I can't believe that BMW charges so much for any item with the ///M logo on it. It is ridiculous. I am only going to charge you $21.".

Again, awesome. While I was paying for the part, they replaced it. So by the time I finished the transaction, my car was ready to go!

I chatted with John a bit (he's the lead installer there) and chatted about Dinan, Supersprint - he's a big Supersprint fan...

Anyways - all 5's once again for BMW North Scottsdale for service, respect, quality, and just being truly awesome car lovers!

Oh yeah - and no charge for the "install".

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is truly nice to hear a good dealer story.

What is the price of homes in your area????

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjc1843 said:
It is truly nice to hear a good dealer story.

What is the price of homes in your area????
Reasonable if you act in the next 3-4 months...after that, forget it...prices are skyrocketing...soon to be another Vegas though...should flatline in about 8 months to a year in the urban areas...still have 3-4 years of growth in the suburbs.

C'mon down...if you can take the heat (it was 111 here 2 weeks ago).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts