BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Do these wipers take 6mm or 8mm inserts? I'd like to pick up some PIAA inserts for my Goodrain set. I'd measure but I'm away from my car right now. Thanks.
Do this asap and report back. Somehow we need to propagate the amazingness of the PIAA silicone inserts. You don't really understand until they're in there and you don't have to touch them for YEARS and the water constantly beads up and runs up the windshield and away with new silicone being applied in a microscopic layer every time the wipers wipe. Zero chatter. I can't speak to this enough.

P.S. No one is finding wiper inserts for $1 each, especially silicone wiper inserts (that are good quality) for $2-$3 each.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Do this asap and report back. Somehow we need to propagate the amazingness of the PIAA silicone inserts. You don't really understand until they're in there and you don't have to touch them for YEARS and the water constantly beads up and runs up the windshield and away with new silicone being applied in a microscopic layer every time the wipers wipe. Zero chatter. I can't speak to this enough.

P.S. No one is finding wiper inserts for $1 each, especially silicone wiper inserts (that are good quality) for $2-$3 each.
I'm willing to give them a try at that price. I just hope their better than the PIAA silicone wipers I tried on my X5.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
what kind of results did you get with the PIAA's on your X5? Those are what I run (Super Silicone's as noted here) and stand by their performance.
I tried the PIAA Silencio X-TRM on my X5 three times. PIAA tried to help and replaced them twice but the same issue occurred each time. After a few weeks of use the wipers began leaving streaks on the windshield like there were micro serrations in the blade. It was not across the entire length. I'm hoping the Super Silicone inserts work better and I'm going to try the Si-tech wipers on my X5.

·
Registered
824 Posts
hi all, my last set of good rain wiper blades are falling apart after many years of use. I bought these off ebay.co.uk years ago.

is there a recommended source for them these days?

Per the discussion above, did anyone find a refill that works and is recommended? I just tried a 550mm PIAA silicon insert as mentioned above, and it does not work. Seems specifically designed for a PIAA wiper.

Trying to figure out what to replace it with.

Anyone try these? Would they work?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
211 Posts
Remove the insert and measure it. I remember I bought generic rubber and silicone blade inserts on eBay awhile back and they worked as long as the measurements matched. The above link won't work as those blades are designed for J frames and ours are different.

EDIT: Just looked up an old post of mine and I stated that the Goodrain/Aero wipers take standard 6mm inserts.

261 - 267 of 267 Posts