BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My current OEM battery is about 4yrs old and winter is coming. I can get a aftermarket one, type 95r w/ 950 CCA, vented for about $128.
Is this a good price? I think OEM is >$200. tks

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Interstate MTP-H9 ftw!

·
Registered
329 Posts
No Pep Boys in my area to purchase the Bosch. Interstate and Duralast (Autozone) are good options. I have had Autozone replace my Duralast free of charge weeks short of 3 yrs in use. They have treated me well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
mine is the original from 03/2002. I guess I better start looking around too...:p

·
Registered
367 Posts
Anyone have trouble buying the Interstate one? I went to an Interstate dealer and they couldn't get their hands on the MTP-H9. It doesn't show on the Interstate site either.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Anyone have trouble buying the Interstate one? I went to an Interstate dealer and they couldn't get their hands on the MTP-H9. It doesn't show on the Interstate site either.
When I bought my battery in 08, my local Interstate dealer had one on hand! I thought for sure, they would have to special order one. Always call ahead just in case they have to order one in but get the price first! It is a rare size of a battery and a monster at that.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
many threads on this but sinced you asked Autozone

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'm not an owner, but I'd recommend checking out Walmart.

Usually you are talking about $80-90 for an excellent battery (Made by Johnson Controls) with a phenomenal warranty, and since Walmarts are everywhere....

I just picked one up for my 99 Boxster after my interstate failed within 2 years of purchase (it was my fathers and I don't feel like dealing with the warranty with his lack of receipt).

Edit: The Interstate battery failed because it was fully drained about 15 times due to electrical issues. I don't blame interstate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts