BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Good price on replacement battery

3033 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  JoeFromPA
My current OEM battery is about 4yrs old and winter is coming. I can get a aftermarket one, type 95r w/ 950 CCA, vented for about $128.
Is this a good price? I think OEM is >$200. tks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,634 Posts
Interstate MTP-H9 ftw!

· Registered
620 Posts
mine is the original from 03/2002. I guess I better start looking around too...:p

· Registered
3,634 Posts
Anyone have trouble buying the Interstate one? I went to an Interstate dealer and they couldn't get their hands on the MTP-H9. It doesn't show on the Interstate site either.
When I bought my battery in 08, my local Interstate dealer had one on hand! I thought for sure, they would have to special order one. Always call ahead just in case they have to order one in but get the price first! It is a rare size of a battery and a monster at that.

· Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm not an owner, but I'd recommend checking out Walmart.

Usually you are talking about $80-90 for an excellent battery (Made by Johnson Controls) with a phenomenal warranty, and since Walmarts are everywhere....

I just picked one up for my 99 Boxster after my interstate failed within 2 years of purchase (it was my fathers and I don't feel like dealing with the warranty with his lack of receipt).

Edit: The Interstate battery failed because it was fully drained about 15 times due to electrical issues. I don't blame interstate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.