BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Good price for an '01???

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Beamer_usa 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been a stalker of the forum til now...ready to jump on one. Found the following M5:
'01 Carbon Black
43K miles
Two tone Seats with every available option
Clutch recently replaced
Tires have 5K miles on them
Extremely clean car

Priced at ~47K...
Thanks in advance for input...:M5launch:

#2 ·
cpo or no?

How much warranty left? (any?)

How many owners? If you are buying from the orginal owner that is a plus. I assume you've seen the complete BMW VIN printout of all service and did a carfax.

a

#4 ·
You cannot get the BMW extended warranty. The only person who can buy it is the original owner. And it cannot be transfered for 90 days after purchase...

I think the price is on the high side of the ball park. Low 40s more like it (41-44?). Caveat is that I've not been looking at recent prices. Is it a CA car (ie no snow, no salt)?

You might be able to get a dealer to cpo it for you. check out some of my old posts to that effect.

#8 ·
M5Kid said:
I would venture to say low 40K range is a little optimistic, considering the car is fully loaded, reasonable miles, and has relatively new tires. I would say mid (44-46K) is reasonable, but I could be wrong.

Travis
It's all fair game, but I bought an 01 last Nov:
25k miles
PDC
Sport
Rear sun screen
Fold-down rear seats
Extended bass
...$46.9k - I didn't even negotiate for a lower price.

#9 · (Edited)
I paid $51k for my '01 CPO with 25k miles from a BMW dealership. Exceptionally clean and no mods. Good service history. Brand new tires, clutch and brakes.

That was December (3 months ago).

I looked at a *lot* of M5's and did considerable research (about 6 weeks worth). At the time I think the "right" price for the car was closer to $47k (for the car as clean as I wanted in the color I wanted though I went with the "one in the hand..." philosophy and bought it). I'm a very happy driver :M5thumbs:

So, my opinion is that price is a tad high. You have to decide which frame of mind you are in... 1. Wait for the "right" car at the "right" price or 2. Get the color/options/condition of car you want at any reasonable price.

Have fun, and welcome!

Paul

#11 ·
In Southern California, I'd guess about $43-45K.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.