BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I need to get a helmet for the June BMW CCA HPDE at Laguna Seca and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a place to get a proper helmet?

Thx.

CycleGear for a motorcycle helmet.
The Infineon raceway store for a car helmet.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you are planning to use it frequently, get a new one. If you only are buying it to use once or twice, maybe you should consider used. Craig's List may provide you a good lead if you are so inclined.

·
10,456 Posts
If you only are buying it to use once or twice, maybe you should consider used. Craig's List may provide you a good lead if you are so inclined.
eww...:weird: used helmets!

I've purchased from cycle gear before. For a bmw cca school, they are fine. Some other school/organizers do not allow M rated helmets, only SA. Has to do with fire resisitance. If you crash on a motorcycle, being on fire is a lower priority than if you're on fire in a car, apparently.

There is a place in oakland. If you google bell helmets, you'll probably find them. Cycle gear's are all over the place, you can pick up some brake fluid while you're there too!

I would specifically avoid mail order, you need to try them on. I bought one in a rush once, felt fine at first, but kills my head after about 20 minutes. Hate it. (want to buy it!, pyrotech i think)

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
eww...:weird: used helmets!

I just loved that comment. Can't you just smell the previous owner's sweat!!??? :eek:oohhh: And the oil from his/her hair! :eek: These things just add to the "whole experience". :1: Don't ya just love it! I'm still laughing.
I use a black, ski mask like stocking over my head ... NOT a problem.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
and handy if you want to hold up a liquor store on the way back to the hotel after a track day! :cool:
or, that ever helpful explanation to your insurance agent:

"Well, I was parked at the liquor store, inside buying some beer and some guy with a black ski mask and helmet ran up, stole the car and evidently crashed it in turn 3 at laguna seca..."

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wine Country Motorsports at Infineon Raceway

Frey Racing in Milpitas (not sure if still there)

Bell Motorsports (Oakland I think)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts