BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here had experience with the vredestains? Im about to buy a set for my m5 and I chose these instead of the kuhmos and the toyo proxes.
I don't wanna go expensive since I bought a set of michelins ps2 and they didn't fit.
what u guys think?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nope, never read or heard of them on the board.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Loads of the E39 M5 guys love them!Lots of posts in the E39 section of the board about 18" and 19".

My personal experience is they are very close to the PS2,a tad grip in the dry less,that's it.

A very good price/value tire,I would choose over any other "cheaper" tire(Toyo,Kumho,Falken,...) anyday!!!!!!!!

Very predictable tire regarding the grip level,no ugly surprises on track days...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I almost had a set on my daytona a couple years ago and found very good reviews online for them but they say it suck on the dry braking...anyways im gonna stick to'em and let u guys know...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was thinking to ask the same thing.

i saw these on ebay and Fell in Love with the Aggressive Thread Pattern not to mention they are at a great price for my size so i will research these some more myself. lord knows i need rears now and a great set of tires is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking to ask the same thing.

i saw these on ebay and Fell in Love with the Aggressive Thread Pattern not to mention they are at a great price for my size so i will research these some more myself. lord knows i need rears now and a great set of tires is greatly appreciated!
Dude if you were closer i could help u out....i got a good deal on 255 35 20 front and 285 30 20 rears...i found a wholesale place in long island..im going back there monday to install my wheels so if u want the number pm me

·
Registered
330 Posts
these are awesome tires. these are as good or better than PS2's which I had on my E39 M5 and my E60 545i and much cheaper. my E90 M3 came with PS2's stock and after tracking with both sets, I will reload with Vred's. plenty of E9x M3 guys's have them, check out the m3post.com

Reactions: leonelm3-m5

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dude if you were closer i could help u out....i got a good deal on 255 35 20 front and 285 30 20 rears...i found a wholesale place in long island..im going back there monday to install my wheels so if u want the number pm me
Pm'd !!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Audi S4 community also seems to love them. A friend has been raving about them on his stage 3 biturbo b5.

·
Registered
636 Posts
All this is great news! it sounds like these tires will hold my 650+ whp HPF M3 ;-) + last more than 10,000 miles !

·
Registered
212 Posts
All this is great news! it sounds like these tires will hold my 650+ whp HPF M3 ;-) + last more than 10,000 miles !

That sir, will probably depend on your right foot. :wroom:

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had them fitted on my RS6 and they were great. Very good in the dry, amazing in the wet and the extended rim protection is excellent for avoiding curb damage. The only thing they need is to be scrubbed in for a couple of hundred miles to get rid of the waxxy surface. After that they are awesome. They wear alot better than standard rubber too with about a 20% life extension. They are also very quiet and pretty good in the snow due to the deep tread.

The only downside (could be an RS6 thing) was that they dont respond well to chassis stiffening. Some owners had uprated Anti Roll Bars and coilovers fitted and the lack of chassis flex meant the tyres performed less effectivley due to the Vreds having very stiff side walls. I had Bilstien coilovers fitted and had no adverse effects but with the ARB's some owners found issues.

They are a great alternative to the expensive main stream and i wouldnt class it as a sub standard, cheap option. More of a Hidden Gem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i had them installed today on my miro's 111 and so far so good...still a lot of snow on the ground here in NY and they performed just like my oem ps2's awesome....And the tread on them is pretty unique(the guy asked me: which one is the left and the right)...lol..i guess my e60 was the first m5 on the forum that uses them..

·
Registered
636 Posts
i had them installed today on my miro's 111 and so far so good...still a lot of snow on the ground here in NY and they performed just like my oem ps2's awesome....And the tread on them is pretty unique(the guy asked me: which one is the left and the right)...lol..i guess my e60 was the first m5 on the forum that uses them..
Fred,

what your opinion on the Vreds now that the snow has melted away leaving all the pavement for you??

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I heard great things about them so I have a set ordered for my new rims which arrive in 3 weeks :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts