BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Willing to drive a little but hopefully near HB or close? Probably install the mufflers myself but if the price is right......AND maybe have them make an X pipe...

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd like to have this recommendation too... need to have my X Pipe installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try GMG Racing in Santa Ana.

They don't specialize on BMW's but I'm pretty sure they can do an exhaust install and x-pipe fabrication.

Global Motorsport Group (GMG)
Address: 3210 S. Shannon St.
Santa Ana, California 92704
Phone: (714) 432 - 1582
Email: [email protected]
Hours: * Mon - Fri. 9am - 6:30pm
Saturday by appointment only

http://www.gmgracing.com/

·
Registered
967 Posts
Make the trip to AAA Mufflers in LA and talk to Pepe. He is the man when it comes to exhaust work, people from all over Cali go to him and it's worth it. I've been there a few times myself. You don't want a 2nd rate job when it comes to exhaust work.

AAA Brake & Muffler
<table jstcache="0"><tbody jstcache="0"><tr jstcache="0"><td jstcache="0" class="basicinfo">
2600 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Get Directions
(310) 839-2443​
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, GMG is great......I spent about $20k there last year...just think a quality job could be done for about half of what they would charge....I'm thinking any old school shop that does custom and hotrod stuff would suffice....and I could wait on it where as GMG I would need an appt and have to leave it...

Try GMG Racing in Santa Ana.

They don't specialize on BMW's but I'm pretty sure they can do an exhaust install and x-pipe fabrication.

Global Motorsport Group (GMG)
Address: 3210 S. Shannon St.
Santa Ana, California 92704
Phone: (714) 432 - 1582
Email: [email protected]
Hours: * Mon - Fri. 9am - 6:30pm
Saturday by appointment only

http://www.gmgracing.com/

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks...I'll keep that one in my back pocket if I can't find someone closer!

Make the trip to AAA Mufflers in LA and talk to Pepe. He is the man when it comes to exhaust work, people from all over Cali go to him and it's worth it. I've been there a few times myself. You don't want a 2nd rate job when it comes to exhaust work.

AAA Brake & Muffler
<table jstcache="0"><tbody jstcache="0"><tr jstcache="0"><td jstcache="0" class="basicinfo">
2600 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Get Directions
(310) 839-2443​

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, GMG is great......I spent about $20k there last year...just think a quality job could be done for about half of what they would charge....I'm thinking any old school shop that does custom and hotrod stuff would suffice....and I could wait on it where as GMG I would need an appt and have to leave it...
If you're looking for cheap (and yes, they actually had a hotrod):
Mesa Muffler Services
2177 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 548-5600

I had my 1994 Honda Accord's Centre Resonator changed for $40 there. Done in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Cool, thanks...I'll keep that one in my back pocket if I can't find someone closer!
You can also talk to Vadim at VRP, he extremely helpfull; last I discussed with him he had a guy near his shop in Costa Mesa that could do an x-pipe

Vadim Fedorovsky

He'll know where to point you:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Chris,

GMG is good right next to my office, but as you say they are expensive!

Try Grand Prix in Newprt Beach talk to Alex he is a good friend of mine and is very good with Wheels and installing and customizing exhaust! He did a fantastic job on making my rims, fixing my AA exhaust and installing my front splitter I have 100% trust in him..

If you go there tell him Sohrab sent u he will take care of you!

1718 Newport Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 645-7022

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Really? That's funny, they are my customer (and I am theirs) My shop is located at Warner and Susan (by Harbor) we're neighbors.......We'll have to hook up for a minute one of these days.....I'd like to see your splitter and we can talk about the ASR deal....

Chris

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what is Vadim up to? I've known him off and on since the early "Sho Shop" days.....last time I saw him he was at GMG but I noticed he's not there anymore...what's he doing?

You can also talk to Vadim at VRP, he extremely helpfull; last I discussed with him he had a guy near his shop in Costa Mesa that could do an x-pipe

Vadim Fedorovsky

He'll know where to point you:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhhhhh yeah......I remember Mesa Muffler.....pretty much what I had in mind...I think they always have a nice classic being worked on when I drive by....cool. Thanks

If you're looking for cheap (and yes, they actually had a hotrod):
Mesa Muffler Services
2177 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 548-5600

I had my 1994 Honda Accord's Centre Resonator changed for $40 there. Done in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
So what is Vadim up to? I've known him off and on since the early "Sho Shop" days.....last time I saw him he was at GMG but I noticed he's not there anymore...what's he doing?
Vadim knows his stuff:M5thumbs:They're building a 1000hp SL65 and several 700hp E55's amongst other things:eek:

·
Registered
915 Posts

AAA Brake & Muffler
2600 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Get Directions
(310) 839-2443​

+1

my car sounds amazing. i wont let anyone else touch my car unless it is PEPE!
tell him josh with the m5 sent you, he might cut you a break on the pricing. :hihi:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Really? That's funny, they are my customer (and I am theirs) My shop is located at Warner and Susan (by Harbor) we're neighbors.......We'll have to hook up for a minute one of these days.....I'd like to see your splitter and we can talk about the ASR deal....

Chris
Chris no problem my office is on Harbor and Lake Center dr. we are all close neighbors... When I get back in the states we will for sure meet up u can check out my car and we can talk about the ASR deal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts