BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all....I'm sick and tired of being ripped off at the dealership for oil changes and services for the M3. Does anyone have a knowledgeable and reliable indy in the Boston are who they recommend for M car service?

Any information would be fantastic!

afc1

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Gallery Norwood just charged me $265 for an oil change. Please someone help me!!!!!!!!

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You're kidding right? Over 2,000 posts and this is your question?

I just don't know what to say, sorry. Maybe search harder?

Anyone? Gallery Norwood just charged me $265 for an oil change. Please someone help me!!!!!!!!

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
350 Posts
Get down and dirty and change the oil yourself? You can use my driveway and tools if you like. Or buy oil change kit from Tischer and have a shop change it out, maybe even BMW. The Volvo dealership had no problem changing the oil and filter with my own parts. Only charged me $14. Does not hurt to ask if that is available.

afc1

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're kidding right? Over 2,000 posts and this is your question?

I just don't know what to say, sorry. Maybe search harder?
Take it easy, dude. If you don't have something helpful to say, don't say anything. I ask this question now because of recent events. Chambers BMW recently decided to take the M3 for a joyride and now Gallery is charging this much for an oil change. Its these recent events that have pushed me over the edge, and now I want an independent to help me. If you actually have a suggestion for me, I'm all ears.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get down and dirty and change the oil yourself? You can use my driveway and tools if you like. Or buy oil change kit from Tischer and have a shop change it out, maybe even BMW. The Volvo dealership had no problem changing the oil and filter with my own parts. Only charged me $14. Does not hurt to ask if that is available.
I love cars, but trust me I'm not much of a mechanic. It would be cool to change my own oil, as that would save some serious cash, but I've never done so before and I don't want to experiment on the M3. The idea of buying an oil kit is a good one...I may look into that. Do you do all your service yourself, or do you have an indy or dealer do bigger maintenance on your M5? The other day I heard a noise coming near the back left wheel and I'm trying to find a shop to help we with problems of that sort. If I take it to Gallery for that, I don't even want to think what they will charge :eek:oohhh:

afc1

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would not worry about a noise you heard just once, unless it keeps coming back, or you notice something different while driving. take a quick look underneath the car just to be safe in case something snapped. Some things can fail, such as sway bar bracket on M5. I do all the work on my car, as well as my brothers 330i and other cars in the family. You are welcome to stop by my house and we can both take a look at it. I am always up for meeting board members.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I did not mean to offend you. I "honestly" thought that you may have been joking.

Two suggestions, 1) before you let anybody (dealer or indy) touch your car get a quote on the work they're about to perform and 2) if nobody in the Regional Forum here (not widely read) replies try the main E39 and E60 forums and maybe reach out to some of the other BMW Boards such as Bimmerforums and E46 fanatics.

Regard...

Take it easy, dude. If you don't have something helpful to say, don't say anything. I ask this question now because of recent events. Chambers BMW recently decided to take the M3 for a joyride and now Gallery is charging this much for an oil change. Its these recent events that have pushed me over the edge, and now I want an independent to help me. If you actually have a suggestion for me, I'm all ears.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would not worry about a noise you heard just once, unless it keeps coming back, or you notice something different while driving. take a quick look underneath the car just to be safe in case something snapped. Some things can fail, such as sway bar bracket on M5. I do all the work on my car, as well as my brothers 330i and other cars in the family. You are welcome to stop by my house and we can both take a look at it. I am always up for meeting board members.
Suro, thank you very much for the offer. The sound has been coming up fairly often, especially when I corner to the right (I think). I may actually take you up on your offer....I'll PM you if I do. Thanks again!

afc1

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I really don't think much of the Volvo Idea.....I have an honest shop that doesn't charge too much. I can introduce you, or you can call yourself...I have several up my sleeve....PM me.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts

Suro, thank you very much for the offer. The sound has been coming up fairly often, especially when I corner to the right (I think). I may actually take you up on your offer....I'll PM you if I do. Thanks again!

afc1[/quote]

I'll get back to you......:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Places I've used and have had good luck with.

Repairs for the Beast: Bavarian Performance Group in Winchester, MA.
Repairs for the Beast: Autobahn Automotive of Natick, MA.
Wheels and stuff: Wheel Dynamix in Natick, MA.
Wheels and stuff: Little Foreign Car Garage, Waltham, MA.
Detailing: Luxury Details, Natick, MA.
Detailing: Dr. Detail in Atrium Mall garage.

Anything else you need?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Places I've used and have had good luck with.

Repairs for the Beast: Bavarian Performance Group in Winchester, MA.
Repairs for the Beast: Autobahn Automotive of Natick, MA.
Wheels and stuff: Wheel Dynamix in Natick, MA.
Wheels and stuff: Little Foreign Car Garage, Waltham, MA.
Detailing: Luxury Details, Natick, MA.
Detailing: Dr. Detail in Atrium Mall garage.

Anything else you need?
This is an awesome list! Thanks very much! Have you used either of your repair suggestions for major service or just oil changes and such? Again, thank you.

afc1

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
OOOps sorry, forgot, ...Turner is always good..., Autobhan in Natick, havent used them but hear they are ok....Schneller Performance of Rowley..978-499-8893...very good and reasonable....good luck.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OOOps sorry, forgot, ...Turner is always good..., Autobhan in Natick, havent used them but hear they are ok....Schneller Performance of Rowley..978-499-8893...very good and reasonable....good luck.
Thanks very much for the suggestions!!! I will look into them.

afc1

·
Registered
463 Posts
This is an awesome list! Thanks very much! Have you used either of your repair suggestions for major service or just oil changes and such? Again, thank you.

afc1
I have used both BPG and AA for minor things. BPG did the PPI on the car, oil, filter, fluids, O2, some other stuff. AA has done window seals, and a few other things.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I have used both BPG and AA for minor things. BPG did the PPI on the car, oil, filter, fluids, O2, some other stuff. AA has done window seals, and a few other things.

Oh cool, I feel A-ok about BPG doing the PPi and AA doing the GOF was A1 and this is very,LFO, IMA...are you DWT ?.....and WTF are we talking about??:dunno:hihahihahiha:1zhelp:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Oh cool, I feel A-ok about BPG doing the PPi and AA doing the GOF was A1 and this is very,LFO, IMA...are you DWT ?.....and WTF are we talking about??:dunno:hihahihahiha:1zhelp:
Haha BPG=Bavarian Performance Group. AA=Autobahn Automotive. PPI=pre purchase inspection (as I'm sure you know). Does this make Mchang's post clearer? :thumbsup::cheers::haha::haha:

afc1

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
How dumb I am....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts