BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure I want to spend this much, but it is an interesting prospect, especially since it would match my M5 so well:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/700565319.html

I'm still recovering from what winter did to my car and don't want to go through it again.

Anyone know what sort of mileage these things get?

Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
Better than the ///M but definitely not a prius thats for sure. It would make a great beater :cheers:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
look for 528i

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The 540i is special car to me after the M5. I noticed it is a sport and 6-speed so thats a plus. The MPG differs slightly. I love the 540i because it is a rear occasion when BMW builds a car that has more Torque (310 for the 98') that HP. 540s are actually pretty reliable. I had one and it never ever left me stranded. 3800 rpm was my sweet-spot in third gear.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got myself a cherry 1994 325is that is a lovely car for my daily driver. It gets great gas mileage, no one wants to race me, I just blend into traffic and its reliable. I use the M5 once or twice a week and the 325 the rest of the time. Its really a great car. Just get an old E36!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An older iX would be cool.

Yeah a 5401 sport 6 speed is probably still too nice for a winter beater, especially if I'm going to try to get some fuel economy out of it.

I was tossing arounf the idea of doing one of those cooking grease conversions on an old diesle merc, just for the novelty of it. But it seems like it would be a lot of work and I don't have connections to any resturaunt owners, so I'd be begging all the time, plus then I'd be driving an old merc that smelled like french fries.

Thanks for the help guys.

Bob

·
Registered
970 Posts
Plus, if you get older iX you can go have some fun on frozen lake in winter time :M5rev:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts