BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from my dealer:

"...BMW Belux confirmed me that the combination of Goldbraun with the Individual Package II is possible for an additional price of € 2.850,00 excl vat."

What a nightmare!

I'm thinking about what to do but will probably go with Caramel which is included in the Package at no extra cost.

Remember, this is for extended (not full) leather :sad3:

It's not my first choice but Blue Onyx/Caramel/Light Ash is still pretty good.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ouch! Thats like $3,700! I guess it depends how badly you want it. Ashok, if the money is not a major factor, I say get what you will love, otherwise it will always tug at you- but if the color is not a big issue- save the $ or the € as the case may be.

B

·
0 Posts
Have you thought about ordering the least expensive material for the interior, and then going to a professional aftermarket upholsterer to do exactly what you want? You should talk with either Matt or Kevin at Birds for some advice on this. They had a Lambo done that looked amazing. I can only imagine what options you could choose from, and your M5 would truely be unique for probably less money.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What Beastpower says is good advice. I heard that one company changed the leather in Mercedes S 600, because the owner hadn`t been satisfied with the dark interior, so he ordered orange perforated leather, and the company did the job excellent...it was shown in one of local car magazine.

Regards

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
BeastPower said:
Have you thought about ordering the least expensive material for the interior, and then going to a professional aftermarket upholsterer to do exactly what you want? You should talk with either Matt or Kevin at Birds for some advice on this. They had a Lambo done that looked amazing. I can only magine what options you could choose from, and your M5 would truely be unique for probably less money.

Cheers, Daniel.
Did you check on the price they charged for the Lambo? I'm gonna guess a professional aftermarket person will be higher than the BMW price. It certainly would be unique though - not a bad option to consider if you have a shop that you can trust to do top quality work.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daniel's idea is interesting but I think I'll opt for Caramel. I have it on my current car and it's a good colour.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ashok, Daniel is right, do speak to Birds first - they will be cheaper than BMW I am sure, they were completely re-doing a Cooper S Works when I was last in there - it was of the highest quality.......also try a company called B-Trim........

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unbelivable! What happend to the old days when you just ordered Individual as you liked, and none of these stupid packages!!! grrrrrrr

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Yes, why is BMW Individual complicate the ordering process even more? I say: call BMW M in Munich directly and voice your opinion as a very good and loyal M5 customer that simply wants Individual products on his M5.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Unfortunately BMW are taking advantage of a captive market. Make a useless collection of standard colours, set up a package of limited colours and interior options that cost a fortune. Result is lots more people opt for the individual packages, which results in lots more revenue and they only have to stock limited choices of colours and materials. If you then want to go for anything outside the individual package colours then they charge you even more!!

Taking the p#ss if you ask me grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Just a thought:

One advantage to using BMW Individual is the warranty coverage. They can order up a new seat, or new leather, from the ETK for any of the original BMW colors. Aftermarket (obviously) won't be covered.

But if you have the Aftermarket leather done, you'll always have the original leather available to re-cover the seats in case of excessive wear.

My experience with Caramel leather in my e39 has been less than satisfactory. Significant wear & tear showed on the driver's seat at 30k miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts