BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
Hopefully am going to view an E34 M5 3.6 this week , i've read the FAQs but there's a hell of a lot to run through,
can any of you guys give me a 'top ten must check list' when checking this car out?
I know it's a '91 3.6 with 84k on the clock , so it's SL rear suspension
FBMWSH (Sandals - Wakefield, anyone got any experience with this dealer)

Thanks in advance for any help
Scorchio:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scorchio said:
Hi all ,
Hopefully am going to view an E34 M5 3.6 this week , i've read the FAQs but there's a hell of a lot to run through,
can any of you guys give me a 'top ten must check list' when checking this car out?
I know it's a '91 3.6 with 84k on the clock , so it's SL rear suspension
FBMWSH (Sandals - Wakefield, anyone got any experience with this dealer)

Thanks in advance for any help
Scorchio:cool:
Anyone?.......i've got two to see this friday/saturday

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hi scorchio

History is a must with as many bills to show works done, All mots would be good so as to verify the mileage as 84k is good

If it is a dealer get a Warranty(BMW) as this is extendable and bulletproof

Usual rust spots, nomally superficial as these are very robust

"Knocking or clonking"fron the suspension at the front

Too much play from steering(adjustable box)

Check all electrics are working

Play with check control and on board computer

HISTORY

HISTORY

and drive it like you stole it :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

Happy Hunting :byee55amg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Check for leaking shocks - I had to get two new ones recently for the rear, was about £800 for both including mounts and fitting. Also iIt won't pass MOT if they're leaking.

Good luck with it mate

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If your not familiar with these cars then I suggest you take someone with you who is.

Im also on E30zone, and members often go with new buyers to help them out.

I'm sure there will be someone near you willing to go with you on here. I think it would be worth paying for their fuel and giving them a little something extra aswell. Might save you thousands of pounds in repairs!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers chaps.....v.much appreciated.....one of the cars is owned by a M5 board member......:cool:

thanks for the 'good luck'....i'll need it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Scorchio

If you're going as far a Wakefield you might as well have a look at my 3.8 (with nice new Schnitzer suspension...). I'm heading south towards Derby on Saturday so I'd be happy to meet you if you were interested

Kurt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kurt Ramsden said:
Hi Scorchio

If you're going as far a Wakefield you might as well have a look at my 3.8 (with nice new Schnitzer suspension...). I'm heading south towards Derby on Saturday so I'd be happy to meet you if you were interested

Kurt
Hello Kurt,
I've been eyeing your 3.8 for a while but have been put off by the 'NE England 'bit.....the car 'from Wakefield' is in actual fact ,in Newport Shropshire,so it is local for me ......the one on
Saturday is way over in Cambridgeshire (a chap from off this board).....if you can tie up with me somewhere in the region of the midlands on saturday (afternoon),i would love to give your motor a look over..........can you contact me via private message for my phone number for a full spec / listing of your car?

p.s. does the AC schnitzer upgrade mean that the EDC is in fact de-activated?

cheers
Scorchio

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Scorchio,

Thanks for your response! PM has been sent, and yes, the EDC has been de-activated. The car still has rear SLS though.

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kurt Ramsden said:
Hi Scorchio,

Thanks for your response! PM has been sent, and yes, the EDC has been de-activated. The car still has rear SLS though.

Cheers

Kurt
Hello Kurt ,
have replied via text message to your mobile number (in PH classifieds).....cannot seem to get my PM to reply mate.....

scrub that mate ...just got your Text message ...will reply to that.....

liked the endorsements on Steve-O's thread so reckon yours is worth a look mate :M5thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts