BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I go in and place my order on our next European Delivery.

BMW F82 M4 Coupe
B68 Yas Marina Blue with CF trim
X3SW Full Merino Leather
ZEC Executive Package
ZDB Driver Assistance Package
ZLP Lighting Package
2MK DCT
2VF Adaptive M Suspension
2VZ Style 437 19” wheels
415 Power rear sunshade
688 Harman/Kardon surround sound system
6NS Enhanced USB/BT for smartphone

We get delivery September 17, 2014. That's the same date we did our ED on Michele's 2007 550i. It's a great time to go and I think I'm getting a killer deal.

PS.....don't tell Greta yet, she thinks I'm keeping her.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Sweet. I'm going to take the plunge for an F80 M3 soon, if I don't convince myself to wait for the M2 (which I likely won't as it won't be here until late 2015 or early 2016). I think these are going to be killer M cars. So far, I'll be opting for Mineral Gray, Sonoma Beige leather (might still get speed cloth), carbon fiber trim, 6-speed manual, lighting package, HK sound, sunshades and enhanced USB/bluetooth. I think I'm going to skip the Executive Package, and I'm undecided about the adaptive suspension.

I'm thinking about ED next spring...I've never done an ED before. I'll be looking forward to following your journey and hearing your reports of the car. Congratulations!!

(I can't bring myself to get rid of the M5 though...)

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. I'm going to take the plunge for an F80 M3 soon, if I don't convince myself to wait for the M2 (which I likely won't as it won't be here until late 2015 or early 2016). I think these are going to be killer M cars. So far, I'll be opting for Mineral Gray, Sonoma Beige leather (might still get speed cloth), carbon fiber trim, 6-speed manual, lighting package, HK sound, sunshades and enhanced USB/bluetooth. I think I'm going to skip the Executive Package, and I'm undecided about the adaptive suspension.

I'm thinking about ED next spring...I've never done an ED before. I'll be looking forward to following your journey and hearing your reports of the car. Congratulations!!

When you negotiate, go to the Bimmerfest site and d/l the pricing sheets. You will see ED MSRP, don't work off of that. Tell them to negotiate off of ED Invoice which is 7% less. (ED MSRP is 7% less than US MSRP) On the options, multiply list cost by .92 and that is what you should pay.

I'm out the door at $80K

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Congratulations! Lovely choice!

European Delivery eh? Well if you pass by NL, please do let me know, my Le Mans Blue will be ready to say hi to the M4 :D

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations! Lovely choice!

European Delivery eh? Well if you pass by NL, please do let me know, my Le Mans Blue will be ready to say hi to the M4 :D
We just might. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Tomorrow I go in and place my order on our next European Delivery.
Congrats! That's my plan for when the time comes too...ED and then PCD on this end. Curious though...why the M4 vs M3?

M2 confirmed today.
Sadly...confirmed M2 but coming with an N55 instead of an S55. The new BMW motto appears to be working (i.e. "Build it and they will come")...and this after what appears to be a superb job on the F80 M3.

Reactions: GBPackerfan1963

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Awesome! Congrats and please post pics :)

Reactions: GBPackerfan1963

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! That's my plan for when the time comes too...ED and then PCD on this end. Curious though...why the M4 vs M3?
We have a sedan E60 550i and I wanted a coupe. The bigger doors makes it a little easier to get in and out of.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I had six fantastic years with Greta. It's time for someone else to enjoy her splendor.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. Ordered myself a 235 a few weeks ago. None of these will ever be a E39 M5 but right now I need the fuel economy/warranty. :M5eyes:
Sat in a 235. Nice cockpit size, just a little too small for me.

Reactions: mattietheladdie

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
"Dark side"? Is that a reference to getting the DCT??hiha

Great choice, will be waiting for the inevitable comparisons between Greta and your still unnamed newborn.....................:15:

My biggest confusion is between the 4 door(all odd numbered BMW's) M3 and the two door only (even numbered BMW's) M4 that comes in a 4 door Gran Coupe. Not exactly sure of BMW's new marketing strategy......:eek:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Not exactly sure of BMW's new marketing strategy......:eek:
Jerry! Surely you jest?

"Build it, and they will come™" and "The Ultimate Financial Machine™" :sad1:

Regards,
Chuck

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Jerry! Surely you jest?

"Build it, and the marketing guys will sell it™"
and "The Ultimate Financial Colonoscopy Machine™" :sad1:

Regards,
Chuck
Fixed for you!!:wroom:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Fixed for you!!:wroom:

Regards,
Jerry
Ha! I thought the Ultimate Financial Colonoscopy Machine would refer to beater E39 M5s that show up these days...like that one that had a dog for an owner. :grinyes:

Having owned BMWs since the 1970s, I can unequivocally say that my two E90s are BY FAR the most reliable ones I've ever had, so at least that part is pretty sweet. The M3 has never had a problem since new 3 years ago, up to 26k miles on it now. I sure hope the F80 is as reliable. I'm drawn to convincing my wife that she needs one for her 330i replacement.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Ha! I thought the Ultimate Financial Colonoscopy Machine would refer to beater E39 M5s that show up these days...like that one that had a dog for an owner. :grinyes:

Having owned BMWs since the 1970s, I can unequivocally say that my two E90s are BY FAR the most reliable ones I've ever had, so at least that part is pretty sweet. The M3 has never had a problem since new 3 years ago, up to 26k miles on it now. I sure hope the F80 is as reliable. I'm drawn to convincing my wife that she needs one for her 330i replacement.
My M5 has also been reliable. A busted power steering hose, a couple of CPS going out. Only major item was the rod bearing, and we know that is probably a bit of a design defect, but with that knowledge, we can be more proactive.

The F80 looks great on paper, I am hoping the driving dynamics match the spec sheet! Now we just need BMW to catch up to Porsche and (gulp) Chevy and give us a proper 7 speed manual!:cheers:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
My M5 has also been reliable. A busted power steering hose, a couple of CPS going out. Only major item was the rod bearing, and we know that is probably a bit of a design defect, but with that knowledge, we can be more proactive.

The F80 looks great on paper, I am hoping the driving dynamics match the spec sheet! Now we just need BMW to catch up to Porsche and (gulp) Chevy and give us a proper 7 speed manual!:cheers:

Regards,
Jerry
My M5 has been pretty reliable too, but it's list of things at 64k miles now is pretty long compared to the list our E90 330i had by the same point (one issue, door lock actuator).

Re F80 dynamics...having talked to a guy I respect a lot and have known for years who has driven the F80 M3 on the track a good bit a few months back, it sounds like the driving dynamics of the F80 are going to be stellar. Time will tell...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts