BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1200 mile service is scheduled for the second week of October and the dealer has absolutely no earlier slots available.

Unfortunately, I will exceed 1200 miles before then (do you blame me?!). I estimate the car will have approximately 1600 miles on it.

Do you think this will be a problem? The dealer doesn't think so and neither do I at the moment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ran over a bit as well on this one as well as the previous one.
No reaction from the dealer and no adverse effect on the E39 as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check with your dealer ASAP as I was told that there would be limits for the first service after which the Warranty may be voided. Seem to remember that being 15oo miles.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My car is reporting 800 miles to first service even tho I have close to 600 miles on the clock. I'm guessing there is a tollerence on the service like the normal condition based servicing.

So check when the car thinks it needs the first service it might be close to the expected milage and no issue at all.

Sacha...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a similar response from my dealer when trying to book it in for the first service 4 weeks, but when they realised it was an M5 they did there best to fit me in as close to the 1200 as possible as long as I was prepared to leave at the dealers allday. It was actually serviced with 1234 on the clock.

Personally for an M5 I think the dealer should be flexible, I wonder what percentage of cars they sell are over £60k?

It does have anything to do with the fact you didn't buy it from them?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought I was going to have the same problem, but managed to have it serviced yesterday with 1240 on the clock. I made enquiries with BMW who stated that so long as it was serviced before 2000 miles had been reached they would be happy and it wouldn't effect the warrantee. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts