BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great review in January's BMW Car and reading that the best side effect to doing away with the MAF's is a more natural feeling throttle, I spoke with Evolve just before Christmas.

For me the M5 is a pretty great car with the exception of the non-linear throttle and jerky behaviour. It's the one thing that stops me loving it. Evolve reassures me that this will be fixed and I can try out their test car first but I also want to make sure there are no long term side effects, reduction in any HP or torque anywhere in the rev band and no affect to MPG. MPG is bad enough!

I also like the idea of the Sport memory function so I'll have that too!

Any opinions based on fact are most welcome

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'll be interested in opinions on this too as its on my wishlist!

·
Registered
804 Posts
All I can tell you is that when Sal came to Dubai he tuned some cars over here. I spoke to three guys that had him work on their cars and they are all very happy with the results.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Your idle will be a bit higher,this is all on the side effects.

MPG stays the same or slightly improves even.

Alpha-N alone does not loose or gain any power or torque,so no worries!

I assume you opt also for the power mapping which is a free option in the Alpha-N tune...

My car is the first car running Alpha-N after the Evolve test car(which you will have the pleasure to drive,I guess).

The car behaves in any way improved to stock.

Smoothness and perfect throttle response are the main attributes.

This link shows more about the Alpha-N:http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/155557-s62-goes-alpha-n-impressions.html

Be nice to the matte black Evolve beast(she has huge power and torque),it took me much time to build it:7:

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Reactions: m3matty

·
Registered
185 Posts
My M5 had the common jerky throttle issues on light throttle in 1st and 2nd gears. Almost made driving the M5 unbearable. After speaking with Sal @ Evolve I pulled the trigger on getting their Alpha-N tune. Install was very easy, Sal did everything remotely and sent me a tuned program after reviewing my stored ECU data. All that is needed on the user end was to load the ECU program, connect Evolve's supplied cable and upload the tuned program to the ECU. Total time is less than 15 min to be up and running. Car drives much smoother and power delivery is nice and linear. One of the best qualities I got from Evolve and Sal in particular was the professionalism and dedication to customer service. I know he is busy but he definitely devoted the time and efforts to answer my questions and walk me through the install process. His grassroots approach to his customers and dedication to make his customers satisfied is what made me decide to do purchase his services.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts