BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone gone this route? How is the new m3 compared to the classic e39?

it maybe apples to oranges but I think the new m3 is calling my name :deal:

although I think I won't do it since I have more of an M5 driver mindset as opposed to the M3 driver's mindset :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know:)

I think the new M3 4 doors would be very interesting though:)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

although I think I won't do it since I have more of an M5 driver mindset as opposed to the M3 driver's mindset :eek:
PM MCarRacr07, he just did it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post a comparison. We had a new 4 door show up at our autocross school. It is very nice as this one was optioned. The only thing that set me back a bit was how quiet it is.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post a comparison. We had a new 4 door show up at our autocross school. It is very nice as this one was optioned. The only thing that set me back a bit was how quiet it is.

M3 section of this board has many comparisons.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
...I think it's closer than the bulky/uglier E60 M5,

BUT any self respecting E39 M5 owner would say -HERESY, SACRILEGE, BLASPHEMY :mad: !

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
...I think it's closer than the bulky/uglier E60 M5,

BUT any self respecting E39 M5 owner would say -HERESY, SACRILEGE, BLASPHEMY :mad: !
Why do you say that? It makes us all sound arrogant.

I absolutely love my E39 M5, and don't plan to ever sell, but I haven't even gone to a dealer to schedule a test drive ... 'cause I would go home with another BMW ... that would make 5 ...

If I haven't crashed and burned by then, in maybe a year ... then I will have both an M5 and an M3 ... Two V8s in the family ... that would be HERESY, SACRILEGE, BLASPHEMY to a lover of the singing sixes.

·
Banned
265 Posts

The M3 is the best in its class but it is still a less luxurious car than an M5.It will be quicker on track but who cares.

Im not too keen on the M3,appaling paint work and still too many buttons and settings-the engine is also aurally mono tone.

A used M6 would be my choice-if forced.:7:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The M3 is the best in its class but it is still a less luxurious car than an M5.It will be quicker on track but who cares.

Im not too keen on the M3,appaling paint work and still too many buttons and settings-the engine is also aurally mono tone.

A used M6 would be my choice-if forced.:7:

good points... I'm also worried about the lack of torque :eek:

·
10,456 Posts
i've been thinking the same thing, and my dealer has 5 sedans sitting on the lot right now. To me, it's quite a comparable car from a size and performance standpoint. According to the stats in the brochure, there is actually a little more rear seat space in the e90 vs the e39, though in real life, it doesn't look that way.

I've just gotten the itch for something new, and haven't found anything that is that much better than what i have.
That said, i've really been enjoying driving the e34....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts