BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another post by me!!

Obviously busy today, you're all thinking!!!!

Anyway, how many people have issues with their glove box. Mine keeps coming off / out. I've had a good look at the back and it seems that a couple of clips hold it in place!!!

Is this right and what can I do to stop it doing this!!!

Steve

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
hertfordshire1 said:
Yes another post by me!!

Obviously busy today, you're all thinking!!!!

Anyway, how many people have issues with their glove box. Mine keeps coming off / out. I've had a good look at the back and it seems that a couple of clips hold it in place!!!

Is this right and what can I do to stop it doing this!!!

Steve
Lock it or put some super-glue on it?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vadas1 said:
I think staples are the answer.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)
Allow me to explain. I open the glove box and the whole thing falls down. It keeps coming off the bar bit at the back that is supposed to hold the back of the glove box in place??

Steve

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
hertfordshire1 said:
Allow me to explain. I open the glove box and the whole thing falls down. It keeps coming off the bar bit at the back that is supposed to hold the back of the glove box in place??

Steve

Are you talking about the little gas strut?

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have issues with my glovebox. Its only plastic even though my car has 'extended leather', so I bought a leather one off ebay only to find when it arrived...

... its for a LHD car... DOH!!! ouich

Cheers,
Bryn.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vadas1 said:
Are you talking about the little gas strut?

ralph (vadas1)
Nope, I'm talking about the two stupid metal clips that allow the rear of the glove box to connect to the bar that is used to supoort it!

Steve

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have got the same problem with the wifes 95 530i. I have spent a few minutes looking at it and it doesnt look all that complex. It looks as if those same clips also allow for some adjusment. I also know the gas strut could use replacing, as it will let the box drop a little hard. I have yet to figure out how to keep the clips from opening on a regular basis, just got real good at getting it back together from the passenger seat.

On the flip side, the M5 glovebox feels totally different when it is opened and closed. The gas strut has charge and slowly lowers the glove. When you close the glove it sounds rather solid compared to the 530's.

I know they are the same. Maybe the strut has to be rather fresh to keep the glove from dropping too hard, and causing the little clips to come loose.

We'll see, Greg.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Last year my glovebox lock broke and we could open it, perfect timing as it was the day before the trip down to the E34 M5 Alps meet.

Anyway I had to get the glovebox lid out and in doing so found that there are two clips that hold it to the bar that runs across the back. It is a bit fiddly but you need to position the lid and then clip hook the clip over the bar and when it is all aligned rotate the clip to lock it all into place. I'll try and find something that explains it better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts