BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just picked up a 2015 M5 last weekend and loving it. One of the first things I want to do is replace the chrome trimmed grill with an all-black version (either gloss black or carbon fiber). Does anyone know the specific model/part that also accommodates the night vision camera? There seem to be a lot of aftermarket options for grills but most don't appear to have a fitment for the NV camera. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an M6 owner, but i think the same applies. I recently bought the carbon fiber grille for mine, thinkung i could just cut out the extra slats where the camera is, it turned out to be way more complicated than that (no surprise) I have never seen aftermarket options that are made to accommodate the camera. I ended up taking the carbon fiber bezel off of my new grille and swapping it onto my old slats. Your best bet is to do the same if you want the carbon fiber grille, or just paint it if you want the gloss black. If your slats are chrome, you'll need to just paint all of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stu. That's disappointing but not surprising. Any idea if BMW makes a black one that fits the camera? I assume the M5/M6 with the competition package and night vision camera must have had the black grill that supported the camera...

·
Registered
2 Posts
my grille was all black, but im not sure where it came from, i bought the car like that. I'm 100% sure the dealer could get you an all black grille, but the question is at what cost? I met a guy at the dealer who was about to pay $1800 for an m6 rear spoiler for his 640, i ended up selling him mine and i bought a carbon fiber one. Dealer prices are super high. In my opinion it's worth it to just get a little creative if you can and save a ton of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts