BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Glasnost, or something like that

38K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Dreamer_of_Bimmer 
#1 ·
I am a US citizen and notice there are no posts in the Russia section. I am sure there must be a couple of ///M cars in Russia. Best wishes from the USA and happy motoring. :cheers:

Reactions: Castor Troy
#3 ·
Hey, I'm russian! :2:
Me too!

EuroM5Mist, what part of Russia are you from?

///Wall_St, thanks for starting this thread, it might not go far but it's a good idea!

:cheers:

#5 ·
Yes, I'm curious too. I'd like too know how many members are on the board and what part of Russia everybody is from! I was born in Moscow and moved to the U.S. when I was 5, but I am still fluent in Russian and my wife is from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia...so I am lucky enough to speak Russian at home every day :biggrinbounce:

"Privet tovarishi!!!"

#6 ·
Vladimir Putin was named man of the year by TIMES! What do y'all think now?

:goldcup:
Putin was named a man of the year by TIMES! What do y'all think now?

Back to where everyone is from, I was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (former Soviet Union for those who don't know, those assholes Uzbekistans, like Borat said) then moved to Moscow then to States (DALLAS) in '94...

#7 ·
Hallo, I`m Russian too. And i know 3 russian guys from Rostov-na-Donu, St. Petersburg, Moscow who registred on this forum. They nicks A448PO, xxx777, & M5 RUS.

#12 ·
Ya nidavno bil v Moscve, ostanavlivalsya okolo Gastinica Kosmos, nedaleko okolo VDNHA, na prospecte Mira. Bili v restaurane KORCHMA *Best gribnoi sup & vinogradniy samogon!*

#17 ·
Pravda Pravda!

Actually in my case, Moscow is coming to me (in a way). My dad, who lives in Moscow, is coming to visit us next week for a few days...I haven't seen him in 7 years. Should be an interesting reunion :)

Happy New Year everybody! (you can open your gifts soon)

#20 ·
Anytime muy druk! I haven't been to Chicago in 16 years but I hear it's a cool place (European friendly). Half of us are on the eastern side of the U.S. , it would be kinda crazy but pretty cool to try to do a Russian M5 board members meet some time in the future, it would have to be well-planned so that everybody in the U.S. could make it and maybe combine it with another large M5board, BMW event, or car show? Just something to thing about for us westerners ;)

#22 ·
Pretty cool

#24 ·
Welcome! I was in Orlando about 6 months ago checking out the sights, pretty nice cherrsagai

#31 · (Edited)
Labas Dienas!
I have a bunch of friends in Chicago & suburbs both russian & lithuanian and visit them quite often.
At one point they all moved to IL from Long Island, NY where we all used to live.
Love Chicago and the area as well, however I go to school in FL and try to enjoy it's shallow but warm, sunny environment.

#27 ·
I figured you were European by your handle but didn't want to ask which country you were from. Welcome to the Ruski thread tavarish!

#30 · (Edited)
Hello everybody! :thumbsup:

Such a shame I wasn't able to type in russian...
Anyway, I'm russian too, although born & raised in Minsk, until I escaped :sprint00: from my parents at the age of 20.

#35 ·
Hello everybody! :thumbsup:

Such a shame I wasn't able to type in russian...
Anyway, I'm russian too, although born & raised in Minsk, until I escaped :sprint00: from my parents at the age of 20.
I have been in Minsk when I was around 12 years old.

Yeah, a lot of Lithuanians here in Chicagoland.

#36 ·
I'm sorry... Did you visit Russia, or did you visit Moscow? I guess I know the answer :haha:

#38 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisstock
Privet rebiata!

I am half russian half bulgarian
and I speak both fluently. Hope this qualifies. Currently live in Chicago but have spent parts of my childhood in Kaluga and Moscow.

Privet!
Where in Chicago? I'm in Bloomingdale, right next to Schaumburg
I live in Arlington Heights but I travel a lot so you will only find me there on weekends :)

Hope to see you at the next meet!

#40 · (Edited)
Vodka

Off topic but I just finished reading the book "Vodka" by Boris Starling and I thought it was extremely good. Not only was it a very gripping adventure novel based on Moscow during the year 1991, but it was very educational as well. It seems to be very well researched and taught me a lot about what happened right after I left Russia in 1989, even though it is not a true story.

Has anybody else read this book?

#42 ·
s Novim Godom to you too! I hope this year is better than the last ;)

#45 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.