BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gotten tired of all the attention from law enforcement...all a while not able to drive this kid like it should be!!! Gonna post it on leasetrader.com and swapalease.com with a little loss, c what happens!

'07 White/Black
Vorsteiner Hood, Truck, & Front Lip
DPE S20 21" - 245/305 tires
SuperSprint X-Pipe & Exhaust
Eibach Springs
Evo Pulley
RPI Air Intake
AngelEye iBright v3
SAT-R, HD-R, HUB, CA, CF Int, BMW iPod, & Tint
OEM trunk, hood, plus both H&R and OEM springs all for taking!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hhmmm. You seem surprised that you call attention to yourself by individualizing a $115K car and you are surprised that cops notice you!? Isn't that kind of like saying you go to a brothel and are surprised to get laid?!;) Seems like a lot to go through to just abandon the car but good luck!

·
Registered
386 Posts
didnt you just recently buy this from Chris? (Brav on the site here)

·
Registered
302 Posts
giving up a car that uve modded out completely, because it attracts too much attention...why not change the mods (namely the x-pipe as it will quiet the car down a lot, and lighten the tint)...am i the only one that thinks somethings not quite right here...?

Reactions: holmesmd

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Pics!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hhmmm. You seem surprised that you call attention to yourself by individualizing a $115K car and you are surprised that cops notice you!? Isn't that kind of like saying you go to a brothel and are surprised to get laid?!;) Seems like a lot to go through to just abandon the car but good luck!
No surprise! Just had enough...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You must have another reason for giving it up.
No! Just gotten enough of unwanted attention! You should have been there a week or so ago! I get pulled over by a motorcycle cop for not having front plate and tints...twenty minutes later I am late to my meeting while I see in my rear-view mirror, the motorcycle cop plus another newly arrived cop standing there behind the car, taking their time checking out the CF trunk...all awhile I am sitting waiting!

This together with the fact that I have a "lead foot", I am just not interested any more!

It's not an easy decision to say the least but one that I am siding with the more sensible part of me!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
didnt you just recently buy this from Chris? (Brav on the site here)
yes, just 2-3 months ago...during which time I have had been pulled over a couple of times plus at least two other real close calls! Just don't have the time...considering going back to an M5, LR3/RR, or CLS55 or something!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
giving up a car that uve modded out completely, because it attracts too much attention...why not change the mods (namely the x-pipe as it will quiet the car down a lot, and lighten the tint)...am i the only one that thinks somethings not quite right here...?
no doubt! i can see how someone could wonder...but then again, it's not about the car! this is an absolute dream car...make no mistake of that. I just have an avolanche of work, very little time, and other interests...and all considered it is just not the right time for me and this little puppy! I can afford to do what I feel anyways so for now it is what it is! the only question is who is going potentially get a great deal!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts