BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Back on topic with forced induction. Jim...How is the supercharged S85 software coming along? Check your PMs.
Jim to give you more time to answer I will answer the above for you from you!

Tjav8b - LOL I asked Jim the same thing honestly it was to save myself another 749 from ESS - for the tune - I have a FAM tune that I haven't even powered the tablet up yet.

John,

I have a *very* basic tune completed. It will need a *lot* of work that I wouldn’t be willing to do remotely.

Thanks,
Jim

(There was a lot more but I wanted to see what it was like to be the government so I redacted everything :p)

I didn't want to spill the secrets of the S85 universe that Jim shared with me :wink

His tune will be so worth it though when completed - I contemplated selling the FAM tablet - however; I am going to hold on to it as I want the FAM FI Tune !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Thanks. This is starting to sound like the forced induction tuning is not worth his time and it probably explains why PMs are not returned. Finding someone local willing to pony up their car to be a guinea pig might be a hard sell. But, for starters, I'd be happy if someone could just give me a cold start delete.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks. This is starting to sound like the forced induction tuning is not worth his time. Finding someone local willing to pony up their car to be a guinea pig might be a hard sell. At this rate it will be years. But, for starters, I'd be happy if someone could just give me a cold start delete.
Oh thats not the impression I got - he definitely wants to tune one and is about to make a significant investment of funds in combustion pressure monitoring system for tune optimization -

Jim asked for my car :p

Trust me as soon as I pick mine up I will see if I can get Jim to make some tweaks to it as well like the increased emissions and cold start - maybe we can convince him to play with a few of the items for us ...........

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Awesome... Get your knee pads out and do us one for the FI community!
Definitely coming, but not interested in doing one remotely. I need to hear/see/smell/feel/monitor as changes are made. I have a base file mapped out, but without a car to test, I have zero confidence the timing isn't babying the motor and way conservative.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts