BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see this at speed district track day at button willow on sunday? The whole car was on fire with huge 8 ft flames.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
fixed

Gintani Supercharger system causes BMW E60 V10 M5 burn to ground at Button Willow track day.
Huge Flames!!
Gintani owner goes crazy at people taking pictures and video. Haha, Duche!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B1JyymeOJh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: jonow

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
sigh..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Seems a bit early for the autopsy report to be in...

Not that I'm defending per se, but there are sooooo many variables when something causes a fire.
This.

·
Registered
823 Posts

Not that I'm defending per se, but there are sooooo many variables when something causes a fire.

True.. Not to mention, the youtube poster doesn't seem to be the brightest individual after reading his video description. If you can't spell "douche" correctly, you technical comprehension can't be deemed credible IMO.hiha

Hopefully, some credible info will come to light about the cause?

-TZ

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
That just says why no members run this kit

·
Registered
636 Posts
True.. Not to mention, the youtube poster doesn't seem to be the brightest individual after reading his video description. If you can't spell "douche" correctly, your technical comprehension can't be deemed credible IMO.hiha

Hopefully, some credible info will come to light about the cause?

-TZ
lol, Corrected but I'm +2

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't think the E60 kit is even released to the public yet? Their E9x M3 S/C's seem to be pretty serious.. Who knows what really happened in this video?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
This is just one incidence I have heard other stories. I said it before if you want to purchase their kit then demand to see some long term data from owners who have had this for awhile......do not be the test mule.

·
Registered
823 Posts
This is just one incidence I have heard other stories. I said it before if you want to purchase their kit then demand to see some long term data from owners who have had this for awhile......do not be the test mule.
Those damn Mules.. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Well I think there is a lot of speculation going on here. There are so many things that could cause the fire. It could have been caused by the SC but its probably more likely that they made a mistake on the install and had a oil leak or a fuel leak that caused the fire. Either way I hope that the real truth comes to light.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Well I think there is a lot of speculation going on here. There are so many things that could cause the fire. It could have been caused by the SC but its probably more likely that they made a mistake on the install and had a oil leak or a fuel leak that caused the fire. Either way I hope that the real truth comes to light.
Oh it will.....I just hope my fellow S.Cal member decides to hold back on letting them use his car for further testing :sad3:

·
Registered
214 Posts
My friend used to have a Gintani S/C on his E92....I ve heard lots of stories....now he has the ESS. Anyway I usually wait and see how the car runs over the time and the opinion from the owners before adding any boost.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
There will be plenty of speculation but I'm not sure we'll ever get the bottomline truth.
This certainly a bad occurrence for a tuner with their new product, no matter what may have happened.
Regarding the E92 SC'ers, I recall issues of blown engines and conflicting stories. Again not a good thing for
potential customers to be hearing.
What good is it to make a $h!t load of power if it's going to go BANG!

Ranger (Sua Sponte)

·
Registered
462 Posts
A buddy who was at the event told me that the power steering hose burst, landed on the headers and that's what caused the smoke/fire.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'll chime in here, a friend of mine sent this thread over to me.

First off, It's beyond me that everyone was the first to jump on these guys and attack their company.. did ONE person ask if the driver was okay? What kind of community is this? I was at the track, it was my event, I've seen this car at the track many times, I've been in the car, it drives fine, it flys, its retarded. You guys are too into forum politics. You guys want to hate a company by all means go for it. I just came in to clear the air.

You are right. I'm glad you are not taking the forum politics.

No members run this kit because they have been testing it for months on their own personal car. Gintani daily drive this car, beat the living **** up out of it, take it on LONG trips to Vegas, the whole nine yards. Did you see the power this thing makes?!

I came here just to shed light on the situation. If you guys don't want to believe me, don't. No difference in my life.

I throw track events, many of them. I have seen this M5 run in 4 of them. Big Willow (x2) Buttonwillow (x2). Always runs fine.

Gintani was tracking the car, it was running fine. He was at least 10 minutes into the session, His power steering line burst which exploded all over the header. If your at the track and it is 90 degrees outside and your going FULL throttle for how ever long it is... What happens when a flammable liquid hits a cherry hot header?

It's simple, it's not brain surgery. This could have happen to any car. Adding a supercharger doesn't make a car catch on fire. It has nothing to do with the supercharger system, there is no meth, no flammable liquids in the supercharger/manifold, anything.

It did not "burn" to the ground like the guy in the Youtube video claims. Under the car was burnt, thats it. I will be more then happy to speak to this person because I'm curious to know who would even make these type of remarks at my own event.

At the end of the day, it's just a car. I'm happy that Alex and Danny walked out of the car harmless. Alex went home to his family, Danny went home to his child and wife.

Some people on this forum disgust me.

Enjoy the gossiping.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'll chime in here, a friend of mine sent this thread over to me.

First off, It's beyond me that everyone was the first to jump on these guys and attack their company.. did ONE person ask if the driver was okay? What kind of community is this? I was at the track, it was my event, I've seen this car at the track many times, I've been in the car, it drives fine, it flys, its retarded. You guys are too into forum politics. You guys want to hate a company by all means go for it. I just came in to clear the air.

You are right. I'm glad you are not taking the forum politics.

No members run this kit because they have been testing it for months on their own personal car. Alex/Arno daily drive this car, beat the living **** up out of it, take it on LONG trips to Vegas, the whole nine yards. Did you see the power this thing makes?!

I came here just to shed light on the situation. If you guys don't want to believe me, don't. No difference in my life.

I throw track events, many of them. I have seen this M5 run in 4 of them. Big Willow (x2) Buttonwillow (x2). Always runs fine.

Alex was tracking the car, it was running fine. He was at least 10 minutes into the session, His power steering line burst which exploded all over the header. If your at the track and it is 90 degrees outside and your going FULL throttle for how ever long it is... What happens when a flammable liquid hits a cherry hot header?

It's simple, it's not brain surgery. This could have happen to any car. Adding a supercharger doesn't make a car catch on fire. It has nothing to do with the supercharger system, there is no meth, no flammable liquids in the supercharger/manifold, anything.

It "burn" to the ground like the guy in the Youtube video claims. Under the car was burnt, thats it. I will be more then happy to speak to this person because I'm curious to know who would even make these type of remarks at my own event.

At the end of the day, it's just a car. I'm happy that Alex and Danny walked out of the car harmless. Alex went home to his family, Danny went home to his child and wife.

Some people on this forum disgust me.

Enjoy the gossiping.
Dude, I hate to say it but you are the one coming off as well sort of a ------. If you don't like it (or us) here then please don't just drop in, poop on everyone and fly out. Really very defensive of what so far has amounted to very neutral comments. It's great that you are buddies with these guys. I am sure they appreciate your cheerleading and well, frankly, sounds like "sucking up", but maybe a short breath would be in order before you go off telling people how you would like to "talk to them" (the same way you did with your YouTube comment) as if you were going to "straighten them out" somehow. Get over it my friend. We are not fools here and certainly do not need your reprimand regardless of how many times you tell us how you "just came here" to do this or that. And I'd brush up a bit on your legal jargon before making accusations. Not hating you. Just responding to the rather offensive tone of your post and letting you know how you are rubbing others.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I still stand behind my comments as they were not out of place at all, if the kit is still under testing as you posted then I still would not let anyone I know purchase this kit without extensive data being presented besides the one video posted of the dyno.

Really Gintani should be posting in here to speak up for themselves, just because this was YOUR event as you mentioned A FEW times means nothing to me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts