BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I thought the owner of the car backed out of doing the SC kit on his car? meaning there is not going to be a Gintani SC kit period.
I heard they returned the car to stock cause it was the end of the lease. If that was the case, seems like development should still continue on another car.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I heard they returned the car to stock cause it was the end of the lease. If that was the case, seems like development should still continue on another car.
I don't get it? Unless one planned to buy the car at least end, WHY would you spend such money (SC'er kit) on a car that's not truly yours?
ouich

Ranger

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I don't get it? Unless one planned to buy the car at least end, WHY would you spend such money (SC'er kit) on a car that's not truly yours?
ouich

Ranger
Exactly my thought as well Juan. The other rumor (posted on the Rumor on Gintani thread) suggests that the project failed so the owner wanted the car returned to stock. With all the opposing arguments and conjecture in that thread, I have no idea what to believe. I certainly hope that someone, and hopefully more than just one tuner, will finally come to market with a powerful, reliable and cost effective FI kit for our cars so that we can all have the opportunity to satisfy our thirst for MORE POWER!!! :M5launch:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I certainly hope that someone, and hopefully more than just one tuner, will finally come to market with a powerful, reliable and cost effective FI kit for our cars so that we can all have the opportunity to satisfy our thirst for MORE POWER!!! :M5launch:
I agree. I still wonder why the tuners are so tight-lipped on their progress. If they have hit a speed bump then just say it. They are VERY quick to brag about what they have planned but then turn on the mute button when we, the consumers, are asking for follow ups.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I didn't want to say it unless someone else did too but supposedly that was the case, the project failed, I think they were having software issues, so the owner pulled out and returned his car to stock. There might even be a lawsuit but I'm not sure on that one.

Unfortunately there's a lot of pressure on tuners, so no tuner would want to come out and say, "we hit a speed bump, or we failed"

I'm sure someday a tuner will meet the expectations of e60 M5 owners

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I got a PM from a member name smooth8 on 6speed and he asked me to post this:

"Its my friends M5 that was boosted by Gintani; the whole car was a horrid mess.DME was fried..He'll post it in the next coming days if you can't post it...
The A/C was system was out as well..
But he felt as if the car was an unsafe mess for him to drive.....
It was traded in then he was backcharged a large sum of money, and soon there-after the car was wholesaled off earlier this week....
The Gintani m5 S/C kit's a no go."
<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ECF I got the same PM on 6speed. I asked for details so will wait. I do not know why I was sent this info. I do not whom this member is that sent it.
From experience I will say that this is a massively challenging endeavor. ouich
I have so much more to say but will refrain.

Ranger

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
ECF I got the same PM on 6speed. I asked for details so will wait. I do not know why I was sent this info. I do not whom this member is that sent it.

Ranger
I don't know the person either but he has some other details that are pretty enlightening so it'd be interesting to hear from the owner of that car, supposedly soon.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I got a PM from a member name smooth8 on 6speed and he asked me to post this:

"Its my friends M5 that was boosted by Gintani; the whole car was a horrid mess.DME was fried..He'll post it in the next coming days if you can't post it...
The A/C was system was out as well..
But he felt as if the car was an unsafe mess for him to drive.....
It was traded in then he was backcharged a large sum of money, and soon there-after the car was wholesaled off earlier this week....
The Gintani m5 S/C kit's a no go."<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ranger

The DME was fried? Really.. How come the customer drove the car out of the shop and back to the dealership for lease return?

You guys really crack me up.. Unsafe to drive?

The truth will come out soon, trust me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
The DME was fried? Really.. How come the customer drove the car out of the shop and back to the dealership for lease return?

Hey Josh, like I said, someone asked me to post that info so it's not something I can verify either way. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have posted but oh well.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

Now who the fuk do I crack up??
I haven't said $h!t!!! All I said was that I received a PM out of the clear blue and have no details, nor do I know who it's from!!!!!!
Bottomline bluntly stated, someone's lying but it means nothing to me. I have no dog in this fight. So who am I cracking up?

Ranger

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Tightie maybe you shouldnt hold back now and let the info out, You are the one that started this thread and had ppl like myself hyped. I also remember reading about how G-power was choked with your situation with Gintani and something about software being jacked on the M3 project and I am sure this isnt gonna favour Gintani in their development progress. In my eyes Gintani dont look so great right now eventho your M3 is just hella sick.

I am not here to argue, all I want to see is a safe reliable affordable kit come out and you were promoting these guys so why hide the details now? A new DME can be bought also so it wouldnt be hard to change it up and drive it away, you know that. I just wish there was a company out there that would keep us updated of the downfalls and progress, it makes things interesting in the car world. When threads like this pop off they are a complete waste. How is your M3 holding up? Whatever happened to customer relations? This board is so family orientated and I am sure there wouldnt be bashing if updates were made of progress or hold backs. Sad but hopefully they pull thru this. I would LOVE to hear what ESS updates are also. Please no more small talk and only details of what this kit is about and if or if it isnt coming out. Look at G-power, they have there kit all ready, well they have more than one option and they are videos left and right proving their sh*t works and regardless of price they are what a company should be. I guess the price for the s/c is really worth considering no one is the US has made progress or at least reported any of it. I still have hopes for ASR but then again their shi*t lacking hardcore. I got some of their mods and asked for them to send me a licence plate and decals and that wasnt done, Ugh freakin headaches over nothing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So is Gintani out of the M5 SC game?? We've heard feedback from ESS. At least give us: "We're still working on it and testing" or "We've put this project on the backburner". That would be nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gintani Supercharger kit for e60 m5

Hello Guys i'm planning to buy an gintani sc kit anyone tried on it ?

121 - 138 of 138 Posts