BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post, i've got a 00' m5 w/no mods and would like to know what would be the 1st thing to start with. can't wait to get started, but i'd like to feel the difference if you know what i mean.thanks... gilmore:eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
gilmores m5 said:
1st post, i've got a 00' m5 w/no mods and would like to know what would be the 1st thing to start with. can't wait to get started, but i'd like to feel the difference if you know what i mean.thanks... gilmore:eek:
congrats! you'll find plenty of threads on this. the first mod that comes to mind is a short shift kit, but after that, it'll depend on your priorities and budget.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gilmores m5 said:
does the short shift add any hp?thanks for advice

·
Registered
188 Posts
The SSK does nothing to add hp but does allow you to shift faster and feels much better than stock. I have the AC Schnitzer SSK on my M5 and although it is a bit notchy, feels great to me.

For the best bang for the buck, go for an exhaust and x-pipe. Although the hp increase will be negligible, the sound and feel of the car will be transformed. Although the first thing to do is participate in a DE (driving event) put on by BMW CCA, Trackquest, NASA, ... There is no doubt the best mod you can do to the car is improve your own skills behind the wheel of the Beast.
:noSMG:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gilmores m5 said:
track time i have, atlanta 3, st louis 1, birmingham 1, memphis 4.all have been stock and had a great time. but i see a lot guys w/mods and just trying to see what to do 1st. thanks again

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'd recommend the short shift kit as a first mod also, in fact, it was one of my very first mods, and greatly improved enjoyment of my car. I'm very happy with my UUC kit.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I agree about the SSK kit should be the first mod. It's one of your main interface to your car and it's a mod you will use everytime you drive your car. When I got mine I wish i'd gotten sooner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts