BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the ALPHA N PERFORMANCE TUNE SOFTWARE & Active Exhaust next week. I have SO much anticipation for my early birthday present! It will be the 1st 2 mods for my beast. hiha
Their website claims Performance Specs of:
40 HP @ 8700 rpms
36 FT/LBS @ 6850 rpms
I am taking it down to their shop and we will Dyno.
I am hoping that the exhaust is not too loud and/or droning sound. Fingers crossed. I have only heard/seen a posting on YouTube.
If anyone has any of these mods let me know what to expect.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Their exhaust isn't that loud I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
40hp at 8700rpms.....talk about raising the rev limiter.....

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yeah those who think there is power at that point :confused3
maybe if/when we see data we will be believers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuckaGDog . Your car is just awsome. I love the wheels. Also, I see the long list of mods. Impressive! These will be the 1st 2 for me. Other than the K&N filters.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ACG.. Talk about a list of Mods. I just read your thread on your engine rebuilt. How are you enjoying all the power and looks?

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
ACG.. Talk about a list of Mods. I just read your thread on your engine rebuilt. How are you enjoying all the power and looks?
Loving it , I mean whats not to love with more power HAHA!!

It will soon be going in again for round 3 of more power adders :cheers:

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Paul will never complete his car...ever!
I'm getting there......not sure what I will do when it's finally the way I want it to be though :dunno: Maybe a new project car kinggf

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm getting there......not sure what I will do when it's finally the way I want it to be though :dunno: Maybe a new project car kinggf
Add wings to see if you can make it fly!

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,256 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
40hp at 8700rpms.....talk about raising the rev limiter.....
So Paul, considering that I am new to the mod thing. Do you think this is BS? They are claiming substancially HP increase from a tune. Help a a newbie out!

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
So Paul, considering that I am new to the mod thing. Do you think this is BS? They are claiming substancially HP increase from a tune. Help a a newbie out!
LOL, well I don't know enough about the exhaust. I would say that it could be possible with the tune and exhaust but dyno before and after and let us know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just my .02 cents I drove one with the active exhaust. It wasn't extremely loud like my RPI GTS exhaust. It had a heavy growl when you got on it and slightly louder than stock rumble at idle. I can tell you though that the piping was huge!! way bigger than the Rpi's Maybe like 3" piping or something similar. Huge I tell you Huge!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will get it Thurs. Not sure how to interpret the Huge Exhaust Pipe.. doe it look bad?
Glad it is not too loud.. why did you switched?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just my .02 cents I drove one with the active exhaust. It wasn't extremely loud like my RPI GTS exhaust. It had a heavy growl when you got on it and slightly louder than stock rumble at idle. I can tell you though that the piping was huge!! way bigger than the Rpi's Maybe like 3" piping or something similar. Huge I tell you Huge!!
Lol my definition of loud must be really warped because the Active exhaust is not loud at all imo when I heard it in person.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts