BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to close the deal on a 2007 M6 and I wondered if anyone had any advice, tips or things I should look out for before i sign.

It is a 2007 Silverstone with Black extended leather, 6 speed with less than 30,000 miles and factory warranty until 12/11. The price with shipping the car to me is $458000. It seems like a fair price when comapred to others and the book values. Carfax and Autocheck both clean. The part that has me worried is that I am, buying this without seeing it or driving it in person. It is on th eother side of the country and so i am unablke to see or drive it before i buy it. I have asked for a walk around video along with video of the car running. I know other people have done this and had it wokr out for them, how did you protect yourself from getting taken? It is through a dealerhsip and I researched them through BBB and other sites. They have A+ rating with BBB and the comments left on various sites were all positive(doesnt mean a lot if the comments were psoted by the business but..)
I would really appreciate any advice given. I would buy the car locally but M6 cars do not come up oftern and 6 speeds are even harder to find.

Thank you

·
Registered
705 Posts
Is it a BMW dealer and is the vehicle CPOed? Extended warranty? Any warranty?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is not a BMW dealer and the warrant is what is left of the factory warrranty which would give me 10 months. During that time I would find an extended warranty before the factory one runs out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought mine out of state...but....sight unseen

But I flew to pick it up and then drove it back. If it is too far to drive it back then spend the 250-400 to fly out for a day and drive it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Then ship it. It’s cheap compared to a 48k mistake. I looked at two others before I found mine. Both were at dealerships but not BMW dealers. One of the cars I sent out to a BMW Dealer where they charged me 125 to inspect the car. After talking-to them I passed. Again the best 125 I ever spent. Ask the dealer to take it to a BMW dealer. If they won’t-pass. <o:p></o:p>
I finally decided to spend a bit more and get a car from a BMW dealer and it was a CPO car.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Definatley get a pre purchase inspection. The price sounds good, bit would rather pay the hundred or two to have it looked at.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent advice. I am gettin gready to call them now. I should find a BMW dealer near them first, so I can have them take it over after i arrange it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts