BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get my 535d Individual order cancelled (say what you like about Sytner, but their corporate sales guys are great!), so now we're on for an E61 B5, which I should be picking up sometime around October 2005...

Definitely might have to make a trip to Buchloe to pick that one up!

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
hythe said:
Managed to get my 535d Individual order cancelled (say what you like about Sytner, but their corporate sales guys are great!), so now we're on for an E61 B5, which I should be picking up sometime around October 2005...

Definitely might have to make a trip to Buchloe to pick that one up!

:thumbsup:

Excellent! What color combo and options are you going for?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Excellent - I'd love to see it at one of our meets later in the year! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kees said:
:thumbsup:

Excellent! What color combo and options are you going for?
I'm thinking about Alpina Green, with the Dekorset (silver, methinks) - not sure yet on the rest of the spec - popping over to Sytner tomorrow to sort that lot out - assuming they can tell me the standard UK spec now - they were still figuring it out last week!

Heard some interesting stories about why Sytner has had a load of B3S and Roadsters in stock of late - apparently, they put in a block order for 30 of each on quite attractive terms, just to keep the Buchloe factory ticking over before the B7 and B5 came on full stream, production-wise.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
hythe said:
I'm thinking about Alpina Green, with the Dekorset (silver, methinks) - not sure yet on the rest of the spec - popping over to Sytner tomorrow to sort that lot out - assuming they can tell me the standard UK spec now - they were still figuring it out last week!
Sounds like a nice color combo - although I haven't seen that color on a E60 yet.

Heard some interesting stories about why Sytner has had a load of B3S and Roadsters in stock of late - apparently, they put in a block order for 30 of each on quite attractive terms, just to keep the Buchloe factory ticking over before the B7 and B5 came on full stream, production-wise.
I figured as much - they seem to be well stocked up. :)
The Roadster S seems to be a very nice seller on its own accord though.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kees said:
Sounds like a nice color combo - although I haven't seen that color on a E60 yet.
It's a funny thing, but I always tend to think that Green works better on the Tourings... I also haven't seen an E60/61 in Alpina Green - the 535d that I was going to get was to have been in Malachitgruen.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Jealous is not the word :M5thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts