BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will join you guys with the beast here pretty soon :thumbsup: .The car still has a remaining warranty till mid of next year. Is there anything I should look for if i will do the inspection by myself? Should I take it to a independent Inspector? Another thing, the maintenance program has expired, would you guys suggest a extended maintenance from the dealer? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Unless you are a qualified mechanic with substantial experience with BMW's, I would take it to an independent inspector. If the warranty is running out and the maintenance already has, you really don't want any nasty surprises to surface after you buy the car.

Not sure if you can extend the maintence after it has run out, but if you can then I would strongly recommend it as long as you negotiate the price to a fair point.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
WannaM5 said:
I would strongly recommend it as long as you negotiate the price to a fair point.
I don't agree- it depends on what maintenance you will need.

If all you'll get is a few oil changes and an inspection, why bother? If the brake pads are going, or will go within the maintennce period, then different story.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
I agree to get an independent inspection is a good thing, but there are
few that have M5 experience. Things like corosion they will find, but not necessarily all the M5 specific stuff.

Some things to check:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54416

About the trustworthiness of BMW pre-purchase inspections, member Sarends recently had a bad experience with a BMW dealer who had certified a M5 to be in top notch condition:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54839

Best Regs,

David

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys, I can feel this board will be an endless resource in the future already. Wish me luck :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts