BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So After being concerned about my Release bearing going I pulled my tranny. Release Bearing appeared ok. So I check the input shaft on the trans and it does have some bobble in it.

Now I have not been able to find literature on this tranny on how to dismantle and put back together, So I was wonder if anyone could let me know how to get the Input bearing out. I have the rear case off but am pondering what would be the next move.

From what I can tell the center section comes off bringing all the gears and shafts with it. Now do I press on the input shaft to make the assembly come out or am I missing something??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi mate

I wish you the best of luck with this. I've just been waiting a month to get my box fixed and when that failed, replaced with BMW original.

I thought I'd found the best company to fix it with history of fixing 280's in BM's and Astons. I gather this box is really difficult to dismantle, and many people break it irretrievably on trying to do so. My company dismantled the box but found one of the parts it needed was totally unobtainable, and they tried Europe and the US.

In the end it was quicker, cheaper and better to buy an exchange box from BM.

I understand the difficulty with dismantling relates to a tight interference fit with some of the bearings.

I hope you get it split, and find it's just some worn bearings which you can easily replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts