BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently between cars, as the E60 lease ran out in Dec so I am looking at options. There seem to be a handful of "new" 2010 M5's on dealer lots, at what price do you think I could buy one of these? They are discounted into the high 70's online. I considered the new 550 but it just feels like a 7 series. Trying to figure out a way to get a M car and not screw myself by getting locked into something that will prevent me from getting a F10 M5. Just thinking out loud and woulod like to hear any options? TIA

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hold off until you can get the F10 M5.............

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think while the f10 would be nice the v10 is going to be a classic. You just can't go wrong with an e60m5.

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you have the funds, why not get a used say 06-08 m5 with extended warranty, then get the f10 550? im sure both of them would be around the price of a new f10 m5.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Just get a used e60 still in warranty and dump it when the new one comes out

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not just do a 2 year lease on a new one? You probably won't be able to get your hands on an F10 M5 for a couple of years anyways.
They haven't even been released yet, and the demand will be high once they are.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Get the E60 M5 now and then wait till they iron out the F10 M5. So, you probably have a few more years before getting the F10. But I would not sell the E60 when you get the F10. We may never see a car like it again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies. How about pricing ranges for 2010 M5's, new but warranty period has started? What can I reasonably buy one for?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would look for a low mileage car and forget about the year of the car as the first priority. I found an 06 with 11k miles on it and bought it CPO'd in the low 40's. I would go for value over year, the 06's have hit a big depreciation plateau.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Get an M5 08-10 with low mileage. Drive the car for 2-3 yrs and then get the F10. Wait, that is what I'll be doing....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went through the same thought process you are going through. My thinking was to buy a 2010 M5 with a five thousand miles. The car was properly broken in and serviced at 1200mi. The key here is that the 2010 has all the kinks worked out as it is the last yr of its production cycle. I payed 68k for the 2010 with 5000mi and in perfect condition with all the options imaginable. The first owner payed a sticker price of 108k. I am happy with the decision I made. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for your thoughts. I am currently negotiating on a new 2010, trying to pay mid-upper 70's. If that doesn't work maybe look for M6's? Is it safe to assume there is no performance difference between the M5 vs M6? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts