BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Sorry, I know this has been previously covered, but I could not find the thread with the search function. My M5 was built week 26 (7/17). Does anyone know how long it will take to ship and transport to the Chicago area approximately? I figure 4-6 weeks. Hard to wait. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, no data for you, but I'm in the Chicago area too and looking to put in my order. Curious about your dealer and experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer is Bill Jacobs Motorsport in Naperville. My salesperson is Rob Grignon. They have so far been excellent. They agreed right away to deliver the car @ MSRP and wrote that on the purchase order. Very forthright. BUT, I have not taken delivery yet or received an official offer for my 1998 M3 trade-in. I have no reason to assume that things will not go smoothly since they have been wonderful so far. Email me if you wish more info on other dealers in Chicagoland. I have dealt with Laurel, Perillo, and Patrick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alin -

I bought my car from Bill Jacops Motorsport too. And picked it up last week. I got it at MSRP. It took me exactly six months to get my car, from deposit down to out the door. Then did you order yours?

Bill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another data point: my car was built week 26 (the last week of June I think). I picked it up July 26 from Motorwerks in Barrington. So, looks like 4 weeks "Germany to Chicago." p.s. worth the wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Placed a deposit 2/00. Got a week 29 build (7/17). Bill-Chicago, I'm glad to hear that they delivered yours @ MSRP without any funny business at the end. I'm hoping that the 4 week period holds true!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts